Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found my C9 at a local Pawn Dealer. It looked like
it was in good condition so it follwed me home :embarrassed2:

Not sure if buying them at the Pawn shop is a good idea?

Should I get my next one at a gun store instead? I have
the need to get a .45 now :D

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
If the price is good, then it is a good idea. if you have doubts, send it in for a once over to hp. You have a receipt and a ncis check. Your good to go.

·
Village Amadan
591 Posts
Assuming you looked it over and put it through its paces to include dry firing then you're probably okay with your purchase. About the only things you couldn't test at the shop are the firing pin and the complete operation of the fire, eject, reload, repeat operation which can only be done at the range. At that point you'll know what's up with your particular pistol. The great thing about your purchase is, of course, the HP warranty. If you do have an issue all you need do is send it back to HP!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I picked up my JHP .45 at a local pawn shop, and the orange plug flew out of the ejection port when I tested the action. The box was still sealed and everything. Out the door with a box of 50 rounds it was $200. Took it out to the range and it fired flawlessly. I'll definitely be hitting pawn shops again, but as anything else at the pawn shop if you inspect it thoroughly and note the price you should be fine. Combined with HP's fantastic return/repair policy you can't go wrong IMHO.

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
Yep, what everyone has just stated. With HPs service...you can't go wrong. Let us know how it shoots. :eat:

·
Banned
401 Posts
I bought My C9 at a pawn shop for $85.00 knowing that if there was a problem, I could send it in, no problems so far and I have put about 1000 rounds through it since January, I would not hesitate at all on a pawn shop purchase, I have my eyes on a JHP for $105.00 right now at another pawn shop locally...what is nice in the town I live it, we are a small town with 3 pawn shops, so everybody knows everyone and the pawn shops are nice reliable good price places to shop.

Dp

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
we have one "superpawn" in town. that is it! back in the day back east i used to be a pawn shop hero, but here is pawn shop zero!! you would figure with a large Army and Marine base there would be more. sad, crying the pawn shop blues!

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
I have one pawn shop here in town...the guy is crazy on prices right now. I can't see how he sells anything with the high prices. :cantlook:

·
Registered
89 Posts
I stopped by a pawn shop here in San Diego, chatted with owner a bit--said he wouldnt handle Hi Points, too many he sold became involved in crime-- first I had heard that (his store wasnt in the best location--EVERYTHING had iron bars in the window)

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
that's friggin cali for you. i really like SD but i cant stand the state.....only 2.5 hours away. love the gaslamp district down on 3rd through 5th street. favorite restaurant is dirty dicks, down by the old harley joint.

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
I bought My C9 at a pawn shop for $85.00 knowing that if there was a problem, I could send it in, no problems so far and I have put about 1000 rounds through it since January, I would not hesitate at all on a pawn shop purchase, I have my eyes on a JHP for $105.00 right now at another pawn shop locally...what is nice in the town I live it, we are a small town with 3 pawn shops, so everybody knows everyone and the pawn shops are nice reliable good price places to shop.

Dp
I envy you. The average "good" retailer of HP's charge $185 for them +tax. Pawn shops here are known for selling HP's for $300+. That's life in the big city for ya

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
hey Neo, we need to get another AZ shoot maybe after the weather cools down could meet up somewhere between yuma and phx, something to think about.

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
hey Neo, we need to get another AZ shoot maybe after the weather cools down could meet up somewhere between yuma and phx, something to think about.
Of course! We had the last one in Casa Grande because of it's nifty municipal built range and it seemed closer to everyone else. But, depending on how the next few months develop, I dunno how healthy I will be financially or physicially for those shoots. This last one won't be the last for HPFF Arizona, just perhaps the last one for me for quite a while

·
Registered
264 Posts
I found my C9 at a local Pawn Dealer. It looked like
it was in good condition so it follwed me home :embarrassed2:

Not sure if buying them at the Pawn shop is a good idea?

Should I get my next one at a gun store instead? I have
the need to get a .45 now :D
I see nothing wrong with a pawn shop purchase. As long as all paper work is checked and verified.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Of course! We had the last one in Casa Grande because of it's nifty municipal built range and it seemed closer to everyone else. But, depending on how the next few months develop, I dunno how healthy I will be financially or physicially for those shoots. This last one won't be the last for HPFF Arizona, just perhaps the last one for me for quite a while
i was thinking around september/october time frame....maybe the economy will give us a break (ya right) by then. gas went up here again today to 2.18 p/gallon. but if i use my wife's Honda Fit to get there, that thing can go to Tucson and back on one tank....now my truck OTOH....?

·
Banned
401 Posts
$2.18???

Geeze, I wish!

:cantlook:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey, if you guys plan on a CG public firing range day let me know, I'd love to join you. Been going there for over 10 years now. In fact, I was just there a few weeks ago.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts