Paypal help wanted

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by mrgreen, Apr 17, 2014.

1. mrgreen

mrgreen Member

Ok just a little info maybe somebody might have some help for me:(

I get a email last night that a guy who bought something from me a year and a half ago has told his credit card company he never received the part:eek: Paypal has withdrawn the funds( a good amount ) bringing my account to a negative balance for up to 75 days while they wait for me to prove he received it:confused: I spooke with the paypal C/S person and apparently when a buyer uses their CC ( i have no way of knowing what they use to fund their paypal purchase too me) the CC has rights for 4 years to make claims against sellers WTF?

My first issue is how am i going to be bale to provide this information with so much time passing i certainly don't keep a del conf for a year and a half and i know i did not send it with signature required so ultimately i am sure i will lose.

This brings me to my second issue, how to save my account and not pay this money back while this guy has been using what he bought for a year and a half? I use ebay quite frequently and i have a couple of websites that also have buy it now buttons attached to paypal and it will really make a huge inconvience trying to sell little $12 bits while i wait for personal checks to clear:mad: I have been on ebay for a very long time as well as paypal and don't want to have to start both new accounts in my wifes name or something if i don't have to.

I am able to have paypal credit back the funds that were in the positive for a week while i try to track down proof at which point i can withdraw the funds so at least i get what is mine out, but then they will of course side with the credit card company and take the amount out and if i don't pay it ( a sizable amount i don't have, nor feel i should get fraud done to) they will close down my account.

I am thinking maybe just have my wife open a paypal account and then just use that account to link for my sites and also can i use that account on my ebay account then for payments?

What to do and what is going on with this world???

sorry for the rant i am just baffled with this lady telling me anybody who uses a CC on paypal has up to 4 years to file a claim with their CC saying non-receipt and if the seller does not have a signature they will automatically refund the CC??? everybody go get your money back and commit fraud, come on.

2. panoz77

panoz77 Member

I thought they only have 14 days to request a refund. Did they start a claim directly with the credit card company? I would contact the credit card company, there has to be a limitation on how long a person has to make a claim, and it certainly has to be less than 1.5 years. Try to fight it, worst is that you loose the money.

Ask that paypal retrieve the transaction information, the tracking number should be available on the paypal transaction, well it is if it was through ebay.

3. mrgreen

mrgreen Member

It was not throught ebay, it was a personal exchange with a paypal request. I most likey used a del con with the USPS but did not get signature required as most people complain they are not there to sign. I know he got it and it is a year and a half later? He told his CC he did not receive it, the funds get taken back from paypal and then paypal takes it from me unless i can prove he has it then paypal might have a chance of getting it back form the CC but they flat out told me the CC is top dog and always wins.

This is bull i have to have a signature on every package i sell because for 4 years CC companies will not even bother to question their users like this does not look real fuuny to them? I don't have the sizable amount laying around as the profit of this exachange was not the overall price of course and losing the item and now paying for it too is a $3000 swing against me for what was a $200 win

4. talon

talon the banned wagon

its 30 days. i found this out the hard way because i purchased a set of 39inch tires, used paypal and kept getting the runaround about delays, until i finally gave up and put in a complaint. well, turns out i was too nice, gave the seller 34 days i believe it was, and paypal told me more or less ''sorry, but you waited too long to file, there is nothing we can do for you'', so i was out nearly 600 dollars.

i find it very hard to believe that credit card orders get YEARS extra added to them, and more hard to believe that the buyer would actually wait that long before saying he didnt recieve the item.

its a crappy thing for sure, and may be hard to prove, but dont hesitate to push them for as much info as possible and question everything. make sure they know you believe the buyer is pulling a scam and demand to know why he waited for so long to file.

5. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Did you ship with tracking? You could go back through your electronic trail (email or whatever) that you sent the customer and find the tracking number. That should be proof of delivery.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

6. desertrider

desertrider Member

This won't help you now, but maybe it will in the future.

I keep a gun related folder in my computer, within that folder I have several separate folders for various things, and one of those folders is for "TRANSACTIONS".

In my sales folder I keep copies of all my correspondence (email or PM) with buyers/sellers. Anytime I have transactions online I maintain communication with the buyer/seller from the moment I buy/sell until it is received/delivered with confirmation of every aspect of our communication along the way.

I don't care how long ago the transaction was, I keep the file.

7. mrgreen

mrgreen Member

I used the post office and got a 59 cent del conf tag. I am sure he got it and i am sure after a month it got tossed(cause i knew he got it). He used his CC apparently through paypal to pay me and now he told his CC he never got the item so they filed against paypal and now paypal wants me to prove to them this guy got is from 18 months ago with a signature required slip i know i never got or even if i did i tossed it out long ago. I went around with paypal and they said when they allow CC's to be used they are bound by the CC rules as am i WTF? they are just passing the buck literally back on me because they can't tell the CC company to pound sand so i am SOL?

It is because he used a CC that makes this able to be so long now. If it was a bank transer or balance he would have a month or whatever i am told but because of the CC they can take up to 4 years ? I see fraud all over this, and this policy. I see a flawed system for all and the paypal C/S rep told me i can go call my CC right now and claim everything i have bought the last 4 years with it through paypal was not received and unless the sellers saved their signature required receipts the sellers are going to lose all their money years later, come on this is redicluas

8. mrgreen

mrgreen Member

This is exactly what i am thinking as the lady on the phone tells me it seems odd but there is nothing i can do:eek:

Bottom line is the same CC company spends millions a year through paypal, i don't. Paypal can't tell the CC the guy is crazy and they just cringe and wimper telling me they know this thing is crap but sucks to be me:confused:

9. desertrider

desertrider Member

I really feel for you. It's a shame that there are unscrupulous people, but there are plenty of them out there.

I have a paypal account, but always ask the seller if they are willing to accept a money order instead. I do my best to avoid using paypal for my transactions whenever they are private party deals.

10. mrgreen

mrgreen Member

I now have to lose my account i have had since i belive 1998 because i am not eating that coin 18 months later as a matter of principal. I will bet they will take me to small claims or ruin my credit but i will be damned if eat this because of politics and as the small guy i have to be the fall guy. Paypal humps me and makes out, the CC companies hump me and make out and i barely get the crumbs and now they want the plate too FU

11. mrgreen

mrgreen Member

I know. Just hard to beleive there is a system that allows this and nobody does anything about it:confused: 18 months later:rolleyes:

12. talon

talon the banned wagon

Thats BS. 90% of sellers don't hold on to receipts that long, which sounds like the cc companies are taking full advantage of. I would still try to check your emails for any correspondence, especially if you can stumble across a confirmation number. Or even contract the seller and ask him to verify the delivery confirmation number you gave him so you can release his refund, maybe he will be naive enough to give it to you and you can track it, and maybe prove him a liar and a scammer.

13. nadodave

nadodave the Great Member

You said you got delivery confirmation? That should be enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

14. talon

talon the banned wagon

Only if he still has a copy of the number.

15. nadodave

nadodave the Great Member

I bet usps has it still.

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

16. geekandwife

geekandwife Good ole Boy Member

It's an expensive lesson, but you need those same records for 7 years for tax reasons. You agreed to all of this when you signed up for PayPal. I have full records of all my sales back to 2002 backed up in 3 places just because those records are there to protect me.

17. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    I have had similar problems with PayPal in the past. But never on sales that far back and never a large amount of money. I have been on eBay and PayPal for 12 yrs and stopped selling to foreign locations a long time ago due to no delivery complaints. I use tracking numbers on everything I sell. Even if I have to pay for it myself. I was not aware of the 5 year window on credit cards? PayPal and eBay are both very liberal with buyers. If there is a problem between seller and buyer, the seller better have hard proof they did everything right, or they both will side with the buyer.

18. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

If you are a longtime paypal user and have ran a LOT ofmoney through the account tell them you are closing your account if they don't do something to help out. Paypal will eat transactions to keep big users, been there done that 3 times on scams

19. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Every thing I found has a 180 day limit on a charge back. You need to have paypal provide the credit card company/bank written policy on charge back time limits, they are required to have it in writing. If they do not have the policy in writing tell them to suck eggs.