Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm selling something to someone on the forum. I have a paypal account but I've never received money from someone else. I don't really know what I'm doing on it. Can someone point me in the right direction here?

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Give them person sending you money your paypal ID (i.e. the email you log in with), then wait for the email saying you received money...

Make sure you are both discrete about NOT mentioning any firearms or related things or paypal will suspend your account and hold your money.

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
They can do that?

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I arrange a code with the buyer or seller before making the transaction. That way we know what is what but Pay Pal is clueless!

·
Registered
313 Posts
a general rule of thumb..if it can be bought on ebay you have little worries as ebay and paypal are basically the same people. Though you are all correct they can shut you down to china town..but odd's are you can be instantly restored if you can point out a similar item on ebay ;)

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Another thing personal transaction is your friend as no gets charged that way!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Ebay has gone to hell! They are slipping in extra charges in the fine print now. I know this because my girlfriend uses them and in the past year things have definetly changed...Just passin' it on...

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
If you use ebay and paypal, between the two they easily skim about 20% so just imagine how much you have to overcharge just to break even, I use them sparingly and am just waiting for a new online auction competitor to take over, can't someone do to ebay what facebook did to myspace (I don't us either of those BTW :D)

·
Registered
428 Posts
If you use ebay and paypal, between the two they easily skim about 20% so just imagine how much you have to overcharge just to break even, I use them sparingly and am just waiting for a new online auction competitor to take over, can't someone do to ebay what facebook did to myspace (I don't us either of those BTW :D)
That's why the shipping and handling charges are higher...

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Yeah, people are loading the costs into the shipping because there are no fees taken out of the shipping portion.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Or just don't say anything about what the transaction is for. Pay Pal has no right to know what it is that I use their service for.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts