Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone guess where I'm going? :devilsidesmile: :devilsidesmile: :angel:

I'll give you a hint.... it gets really cold, and the hunting is world class!!!!

ALASKA HERE I COME!!!!!!! Elmendorf Air Force Base, Anchorage Alaska.

:yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!:

·
Long Arm of the Law
631 Posts
I was at Ft. Richardson for 4 years. Yep it do get cold...

·
Banned
401 Posts
You better start your condition NOW, strip naked and sit in the freezer at least 3 hours a day, don't forget to splash you body with water so you get the real feeling of the cold in your face!

LMFAO

Been there done that, it do get cold up there!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Hey dude that should be fun!! I am planning a motorcycle trip up there for the summer after this one!

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Don't forget your fishing rods. You can find superb Trout, Char, Greyling, and Salmon fishing all around Anchorage. Offshore you find Halibut, Rockfish,and Lingcod.

You will need blackout curtains in your bedroom during the summer, the sun never quite sets that time of year.

I used to do a lot of work for the Anchorage parking Authority during the Winter months. The weather will get very cold, just dress warm and get used to dark all the time.

The people around Anchorage are serious snowmobilers, it's a great sport to try.

Ron M.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Due to the fact that I was raised in Minnesota, cold is not something I have a problem with. Also, fishing is something I LOVE to do, and will finally be able to try and get my wife involved in it as well.

Riding snowmobiles is AWESOME! Of course, I already have a quad, and I already love to ride, so bring it!

I am really looking forward to this guys. I have to deploy first, but when I come home, it's full swing NORTH to Alaska!

·
Banned
1,412 Posts
Awesome. That is one place the wife and I had wanted to go when we were in. I was in Wyoming for a couple years. Never got to go after pronghorns, we PCS'ed to Germany before I got the chance. Maybe sometime.

Is wifey excited about the trip? Since the Winters are so long and cold you guys should have time to work on that Family you've been talking about!! ;) ;)

·
Registered
367 Posts
strange, im really new to the forum but i see your namr a lot what do you do for the forum and what do you do in the service?

·
Registered
367 Posts
so sorry i meant to address that to primalseal. me apologies

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
He's the Head Administrator on HPFF. He is in the USAF, currently stationed at Holloman AFB. He was in POL, but now he's head of Maintenance over the POL vehicles... He plans to make a career out of the USAF, as he had a lot of obstacles to cross before he was ever allowed to enlist. It has set him back 10 years, but he's doing a fine job at moving through the ranks.

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
OUTSTANDING!!!!!! Ya know what the best part is bro. I am going to fairbanks during the summer it is only like a 4 hour drive. During the winter it is kinda impossable......anyways when ya leaving etc? goona have to let the wives meet each other and what not.......god i sound like a lil school girl huh ya know what the best part is my wife and i have been very worried about not knowing many folks up there and praying bout it. the big guy sure works in funny ways sometimes huh......

·
Registered
345 Posts
"North to Alaska, Go north, the rush is on...North to Alaska, Go north, the rush is on..."

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :wideeyed: :wideeyed2: :)

Decode this, Primal (hint--try inserting spaces...it's simple, really...ok, so insert spaces in this pattern--count one, space, count two, space, count one, space, count two, space...I'll leave the last ones to you...):

325119151514!

Jag    8)

·
Registered
317 Posts
He's the Head Administrator on HPFF. He is in the USAF, currently stationed at Holloman AFB. He was in POL, but now he's head of Maintenance over the POL vehicles... He plans to make a career out of the USAF, as he had a lot of obstacles to cross before he was ever allowed to enlist. It has set him back 10 years, but he's doing a fine job at moving through the ranks.
Cool I didn't know any of that. It puts things in more perspective to know a little about each other. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
"North to Alaska, Go north, the rush is on...North to Alaska, Go north, the rush is on..."

Decode this, Primal (hint--try inserting spaces...it's simple, really...ok, so insert spaces in this pattern--count one, space, count two, space, count one, space, count two, space...I'll leave the last ones to you...):

325119151514!

Jag 8)
Uh... do what?!

·
Registered
4,755 Posts

325119151514!

Jag 8)
Uh... do what?!
I think it equates to "C YA LATER"... though I may be wrong.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ciphers and codes are something that I really suck at. Thank God they don't test for coding speed in the ASVAB anymore. Well, they do test for it, but it doesn't count towards your score you need to get a job with the Military.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.