Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read that Pennsylvania is being over run by feral pigs. Has anyone hunted pigs in Pa. and, if so, where?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Game Commission has lifted restrictions in almost all counties (check their website) and I have plenty of friends that had friends whose friends have shot pigs but not seen one myself. I know in Cambria county they have been having trouble with pigs but they were ones that escaped a preserve and began breeding in the wild. From what I have read and what I understand they are a big problem some places, causing severe damage to the habitat.

·
Banned
1,412 Posts
No official season (yet) in Michigan but our feral hog population is growing. I am not sure of the count last deer season. Official DNR stance is to eliminate the "invasive species" They prefer that you have at least a small game license but if one were to be "target shooting" and one crossed the range they can drop it.

One area I hunt will be a real mess if the hogs move in. DNR will never get them out. Very remote with no vehicle access. Then again I have always been told hogs are fun to hunt. 8)

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
No official season (yet) in Michigan but our feral hog population is growing. I am not sure of the count last deer season. Official DNR stance is to eliminate the "invasive species" They prefer that you have at least a small game license but if one were to be "target shooting" and one crossed the range they can drop it.

One area I hunt will be a real mess if the hogs move in. DNR will never get them out. Very remote with no vehicle access. Then again I have always been told hogs are fun to hunt. 8)
You can hunt them in MI in all but a few counties as of right now any time you want to! You just have to have some kind of hunting license good at the time... any kind will do

See map http://www.michigan.gov/images/emergingdiseases/FSopencountiesMDAmap081507_205747_7.jpg

·
Registered
191 Posts
Git 'em!!! Those rat bastards killed off the dodo bird, for the sake of Pete!
The title of this thread made me think it was going to be a ranting scofflaw angry at the LEO's in PA.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.