Pentagon: Military mistakenly shipped live anthrax samples

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by tallbump, May 27, 2015.

1. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

So yeah, that happened :rolleyes::eek::blush::mad:

http://news.yahoo.com/pentagon-military-mistakenly-shipped-live-anthrax-samples-194202171--politics.html

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Pentagon says it inadvertently shipped live anthrax spores to as many as nine laboratories and is investigating how that happened.

The labs were supposed to receive dead — or inactivated — anthrax samples for research use.

Spokesman Col. Steve Warren says the Pentagon is working with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to retrieve the samples.

He says the government has confirmed one shipment contained live spores and suspects eight others did, too. Warren says the government believes there are no risks to the public.

The live spores were shipped from Dugway Proving Ground in Utah — a Defense Department facility — to government and commercial labs in Texas, Maryland, Wisconsin, Delaware, New Jersey, Tennessee, New York, California and Virginia.

2. Well, the mailroom is generally where we put the f**k-ups, so it doesn't surprise me.

3. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

If underground was in he would so be in the mailroom:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

4. Hehehehe.

In my career field, it's the people who are either under investigation for something or just plain can't get a clearance for whatever reason. At my first base, we sent at least two people down there who were later convicted of serious crimes, and multiple people down there who were suspected of other things...we sent a guy down there who was under investigation for mail fraud.
    MAIL FRAUD.
    So we sent him to the MAIL ROOM.

"So I see you are accused of raping this woman. While you are being investigated, we are sending you to work at the brothel. Act like it sucks."

5. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

That's Government oversight in a nutshell....

6. Outlaw

Outlaw Supporting Member

Hitlery does everything by mistake..or just plain didn't know. Why do we still keep this $hit around anyways? Why ship it back? Why not just burn it? These incompetent tards will be the death of us all! Reminds me of the movie "The Stand".

7. Surprised as in:
    Surprised that the military sent it?
    Or
    Surprised that they admitted to it happening?

8. Surprised it happened. Amazed they admitted to it.

9. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Now if this Anthrax would have accidently broken open in transportation, would that have been a US Gov't accident or TERRORIST attack?
    I don't think there would be any question about that!!!

10. Well if they had done it, they would have either admitted to it or come up with a lame excuse as to how it couldn't have been them, essentially saying something so stupid it's obvious it was them. :p