Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why on gods earth are these so ridiculously expensive???? I saw one on gunbroker for 27grand. And the lowest starting price I saw was 5grand, I'm sure other brands are just as good so why seriously over charge just for the name?

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
I've never even heard of Perazzi but I feel the same way about all these over priced over/under shotguns you see. If you are paying anywhere near $1000.00 for a shotgun I seriously doubt that is money well spent...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yeah I've heard of Perazzi. Never knew they cost that much but then again I've never looked. They're more for the people that have that kind of money to blow and show up at the skeet range and are like check out my new gun. And then I go out with my Rem 870 pump and shoot better than they do.

I mean really if you look at alot of quality over and under shotty's they will run you about $1,000 for a base model. But still for a basic model they look and perform pretty darn good. My dad bought an SKB (I believe they are a cheaper version of an Ithica) over and under a while back for shooting skeet and it's a great gun. It did cost about $1k and he's shot the piss out of that gun and it still looks brand new. He did wear out the firing pins in it though which shooting as much as we did (at least twice a week and 100+ rounds per day) those things are prone to happen over time.

But yeah $27k for a shotgun IMO is retarded.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
They are hand made...one gun at a time. No mass production, no tooling. Just a few skilled workers working with hand tools building them.

Just like the Korth handguns.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I grew up shooting comp skeet and trap. I have shot a Perazzi on a couple of occasions. Most of the people that I have met with them won them in a comp. They are extreamly nice guns and very pretty. I personally wouldnt pay 27K for one but i might do 5 if i had it laying around. you would just have to shoot one to understand I guess. By the way my go to shotgun is a Remington 1100 Special so Field So its not like I have any super nice shotguns right now.

·
Registered
36 Posts
They are beautiful shotguns, all the work, and fine craftmanship that went into them makes for an impressive firearm, however, the prices are rediculously inflated for the U. S. market. I can see those shotguns selling for $5,000, or less, and everyone still making a nice profit.

Example: You could buy a Ferrari in Italy for less than $10,000 U.S., just a few of years ago, now, with the dollor's value being nothing, not sure how much it would cost, add another few grand to import and add emmissions, and you have a Ferrari for less than $20,000.

The other $80,000 is each of the middle men getting their cut. It's the same with the firearms, importation fees, importers, wholealers, dealers adding their cuts...

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
I saw a lot of Perazzi's when I shot competitive trap in the 90's. Believe it or not, most people who owned them weren't doctors or lawyers, etc, etc. They were average people who made major financial sacrifices in thier lives to be able to afford them. I know more than a few trapshooters that drove $500 cars (for years and years) but own a $15,000 shotgun. For some shooters (at least around here) trap becomes a way of life. Nothing wrong with that, but id never pay that kind of cash for a trapgun. FWIW, I shoot a totally stock Remington 870TC, probally the cheapest trapgun on the market!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.