"Perfect" Russian WW II Tank Found

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Bandit320, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Bandit320

Bandit320 Member

2. That is neat.wish I had been there to watch that show.

3. Yep. Lets pay the $200 tax stamp, and import it as a new BOV! It's old enough to be C&R eligible lol.

4. Ari

Ari Guest

This has been posted a few times... But it is still a great story! I love to reread it

5. neothespian

neothespian Member

Just slap an old Mercedes 6 cylinder Desiel in that, a little paint, perhaps a Blaupunk stereo and some seat covers and it'll be good for another 100k miles!!

6. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

Man that thing is perfect!

7. Ari

Ari Guest

they got it running without a rebuild on the engine :shock:

8. neothespian

neothespian Member

Yeah, but try to get THAT thing to pass emissions with the original motor.... :p

9. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

I have a hard enough time finding Kia parts, try to find a window regulator for a tank at autozone, sheesh.

10. AndrewST

AndrewST Guest

WoW!

That is freaking amazing. I want to find something like that a lake!

11. That is something else...just amazing what one mans boyhood memory can spark.

12. That thing is so cool.

13. Great story..... I'm pretty sure I'd be standing no where near those cables while they were pulling the tank out of the water and through 4 feet of mud...... but that's just me.

Good find!

14. GlockMan

GlockMan Member

116 possibility live rounds on board. Thats one job I would not want to have removing those.

15. elguapo

elguapo Guest

From what I understood, GM, everything was fully functional. The peat bog it was in, kept out the oxygen from rusting it, or causing any other erosion or abnormal wear usually seen from being submerged in water. That said, I would try out the main gun, via a looooooooong lanyard, lol.

16. Dreamthief

Dreamthief Senior Member Member

that's frikin awesome! I LOVE stuff like this

17. neothespian

neothespian Member

REMOTE SERVOS!!!!

Just a few dozen, a signal booster (probably a 12v power source) and a defined staged radio setup and you'd have the COOLEST remote controled toy EVER!

That and with enough power you don't have to be anywhere near it to test the bang bits.