Perfecta 9 Luger

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by Outlaw, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Outlaw

Outlaw Supporting Member

Anybody tried the Perfecta 9MM 115gr FMJ from Wally World? I just picked up two 50 pks for $23 and change OTD. I just wanted something to plink with and thought it might fit the bill. Range reports would be nice, or I can give one whenever I get to go use it. Thanks in advance for your inputs :)

2. talon

talon the banned wagon

Been covered many times.

3. Outlaw

Outlaw Supporting Member

Sorry, should have looked for it. I'll check the threads. Thanks

4. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

It's at my Wally World for 10.97 a box of .50..... I've got four boxes of it, and 3 boxes of the .45 lined up ready to rock...

5. Ran it thru my 995 ts today @ the range, Had no problems

6. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    Seems to work well.

7. I love it, real brass for the price of tula steel.

It used to be $14 a box at my wally world. until a couple months ago they dropped the price, ill keep buying it if it stays there.

8. Bull

I shot 50 of em up today... Good stuff...

9. rbarna94

rbarna94 Member

Yep I use this stuff all the time, works great I haven't had any problems with it and they dropped the price at Walmart 12 dollars even after tax for me for box of 50

10. HiPointArmorer

HiPointArmorer Member

WA
    Ive bought probably over 1000 rounds of it, never had a malfunction.

11. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    I like it, works very well in everything BUT my Browning Hi Power (BHP).
    But this was because I had the guide rod in upside down, (should have worn my reading glasses:p) I expect it will be tremendous now!
    But it did uncover an interesting thing. It is noticeably weaker than WWB!
    The WWB cycled the BHP but the perFecta would not! But that makes for an awesome practice ammo :cool:
    I have bought 25 boxes so far, and now it is not on sale AFAIK :(

12. HiPointArmorer

HiPointArmorer Member

WA
    Whats your take on using ball ammo for self-defense?

13. Outlaw

Outlaw Supporting Member

I assume your still talking about 9MM. IMO, HP is the only thing to use for self defense. Simply because of penetration issues. It does what it's supposed to upon first penetration. You have a better chance of a vital hit with HP due to splatter effect. Ball ammo could go places you don't want it to. Sheetrock will render HP relatively useless after it hits. Think about kids in the next room or your neighbors house even.

14. HiPointArmorer

HiPointArmorer Member

WA
    This might be true for 9mm, over-penetration was an issue during the Iraq/Kuwait war with U.S. troops. I'm just not sure if that is the same issue with 115 grain target ammo. 124 grain NATO is a hot round, the less expensive target ammo most civilians use isn't as potent.
    I think with any caliber you have to worry about whats behind the target before you pull the trigger, that's basic hunters education. If you cant get a clear shot, dont take the shot, rule #1.
    A lot of people carry .380 ACP, even though they prefer 9mm hollow points simply because they are easier to conceal. That being said, if ball target ammo is the only thing that will run 100% in your pistol that is what I would use in a fire-fight. Failure is not an option in a self-defense situation.
    A good shooter knows what is being his target. If you know there are people in the room behind the target, don't take the shot. If there is a foot wide cement wall behind the target and there is an field behind the wall, take the shot. And...if you practice with 115 grain and are extremely accurate with it, why rely on a heavier load that has more recoil?
    Just some things to think about, there is no time during a self-defense situation to take chances so any possibility of error must be eliminated before hand.

15. Bull

You coulda just told us how you felt about it, instead of asking others opinions first....

16. undeRGRound

INDY
    In SHTF, no problem. Before, use the HP and get a GOOD ammo you can shoot accurately and reliably in your weapon. Do not engage at a distance over accepted SD ranges. ;)

:p lol
    Don't be THAT GUY, Mr. BULL!

17. Outlaw

Outlaw Supporting Member

18. Bull

C'mon!.... I used a winky face, AND a cheesy smile face..... I can't get more non-offensive. ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1433370787.187091.jpg

19. undeRGRound

INDY
    :D

Just "poking the Bear"... I mean the BULL!

:D

[​IMG]

:rofl:

20. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    I saw new calibers in perfecta at walmart today. .380, .357 mag and .38 spl. !