Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

Would you trust your life or the lives of your loved ones to be defended by the 4095?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I would trust any weapon after I qualify it. I would not trust any weapon that I could not qualify.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
I dont have a 40 but I do have a 995, it has ate everything I put in it, it has been nothing but accurate and reliable never polished any thing, never tweaked mags, seldomly have cleaned, and it treats me MUCH better than I do it. Though it would no tbe the first thing I grabbed for HD it would be second... I am a fan of the new york reload, and it the situation arised it would be thrown into action secondly to the 6 shot pump. it stays loaded un chambered like all my firearms, next in line would be the ruger carbine. I have much more expensive guns that I dont feel are as reliable as my 995. I am sure the 4095 shares the same charateristic's.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
If a situation like this really did arise, I'd probably MOST trust my life to my pump-action 500 Persuader or K-Frame .357 magnum. Much less chance of failure, IMO--but I'd also feel more than comfortable with my AK. No jambs or FTF's in over 300 rounds spent.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Its my backup rifle so yes but only after 500rds ran though it. More important than the type of gun you use is how well you use the gun you have.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 995 that I would certainly trust so the 4095 would be no different. It's really all about the ammo. If you use hydroshock it's gonna put down anyone you're shooting at. I couldn't use my shottie or my Taurus Judge because I wouldn't want the possibilty of to much spread and accidently hitting something I didn't want to, such as my children or wife. Also Hornady makes this new ammo similar to the Federal hydroshock that creates an even bigger wound upon entry.

·
Registered
207 Posts
995, YES
Not my first choice for clearing a house, but yes, I'd use my 995 and trust it.
It's not so much the gun, as the person.
and I would trust it.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I've used my 4095 enough to qualify it for truck gun duty. This means that I can depend on it to get me home in a SHTF situation. I'd have no problems using this for my HD gun if my Mossy 500 in 12 gauge and Taurus PT 24/7 in .45ACP went down.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
i do not buy a weapon i don't trust . infact if i buy a gun and it jams and gives me major problems i will get rid of it .i have no use for a faulty gun in my closet supose your in a really bad spot and you have to get your wife to run and grab something fast she's not gonna be thinkin very great so what if she was to grab a gun that is a jammer . to me a faulty gun is no good to anyone if you do have one you should keep them seperate from a shooting gun for the reason that your loved one will never grab them by mistake in the heat of the moment. and well my highpoints don't jam so yes i would rely on them all of them .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.