Personal protection/CCW the same type of permit in Indiana?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by firehawk, Oct 30, 2009.

1. I recently purchased a C9 here in Indiana. I filled out the form for a "personal protection" permit, and have been finger printed. Question I now have is there a difference between a personal protection permit, and a CCW permit? Or are they the same thing, just different "terms" for the same permit?

One reason I ask is I only paid $85 for a lifetime permit online, but have seen other places the cost is $125.

2. The Indiana handgun permit is available in personal protection (unlimited) and hunting/target shooting (limited to those activities). The Personal Protection type authorizes you to carry concealed or openly.

The total $125 cost would also include the payment to your local law enforcement agency to fingerprint you, the online cost is just the fee sent to the State Police.

3. Thanks for the info. Main reason I asked is I paid only $85 for a lifetime personal protection permit WITHOUT a current permit. I applied online, and set an appointment to be fingerprinted too. I went to a Hampton Inn in Brownsburg and was fingerprinted there. There was no charge there. Apparently it is "cheaper" to apply online than to go downtown to the City County Building.