Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got 8 50 round boxes of the stuff. it comes in a brown vintage looking box . doesnt have the velocity or grain on box , but they are round nose . look like thunderbolts to me tho. despite everything i see online about it being crap ammo blah blah blah , i shot a box through my new 10/22 M1 and it worked great , no failures of any kind and no rounds sounded like a lite load . there is four feet of snow on the ground so i just shot at a tree from the porch at about 30 yards . seemed accurate enough and the new Ruger seemed to like them . if you see any i wouldnt pass them by .

·
Premium Member
8,473 Posts
got 8 50 round boxes of the stuff. it comes in a brown vintage looking box . doesnt have the velocity or grain on box , but they are round nose . look like thunderbolts to me tho. despite everything i see online about it being crap ammo blah blah blah , i shot a box through my new 10/22 M1 and it worked great , no failures of any kind and no rounds sounded like a lite load . there is four feet of snow on the ground so i just shot at a tree from the porch at about 30 yards . seemed accurate enough and the new Ruger seemed to like them . if you see any i wouldnt pass them by .
They always worked well enough for us back in the 1960's - better than Thunderbolts.

eldar

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Before Remington bought out Peters, it was the best on the market. SuperX not near as good. Then, a few years after Remington bought them, the Peters Brand disappeared.
True or false I don't really know, but we had heard the entire Peters plants were shut down.

Edit: It could well have been Remington ammo in Peters packaging though.
In 1950 we didn't really have any idea where ammo was made. Nor who really owned who.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Before Remington bought out Peters, it was the best on the market. SuperX not near as good. Then, a few years after Remington bought them, the Peters Brand disappeared.
True or false I don't really know, but we had heard the entire Peters plants were shut down.
these are like new "retro" style boxes with a barcode . i did find the velocity and weight , its in TINY writing . 1255fps and 40 grain.

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
these are like new "retro" style boxes with a barcode . i did find the velocity and weight , its in TINY writing . 1255fps and 40 grain.
Yes, these are new manufacture. I wonder if it was made by Remington or their new owners. Probably Remington.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts