Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any body have any info on this gun thinking about gitten one would like some info frist thanks

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Yep, it's a favorite around here. I wouldn't pay more than $150 for one, unless it's the range kit which comes with two barrels (3 and 5 inch) and a bunch of goodies. Also, I would recommend the black model because it seems like the finish may be better than the nickeled, which I have read about flaking off. Also, some people have reported cracked frames, but mine has been good and I have shot a few hundred rounds through it.

You will experience occasional failures to cycle with "regular" .22 ammo; I have used CCI Mini Mags and "hi-velocity" rounds in mine and they have worked pretty well - I would recommend them, with a warning that the manual says to use regular velocity only, however I think this is just CYA on their part. Were you to use this pistol in any defensive capability, HV rounds or mini mags would be highly recommended.

That said, buy one and enjoy!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks I found the range kit for $150.00 and thought I would jump on It jest wanted some Info frist

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I like mine. (wife likes it more though) It has become "her" gun at the range. Eats all the ammo I have fed it so far. Good little pistol.

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
Be careful with these as they have a crapload of safety features on them that really end up being more of a hassle than anything. I think for the money,(sub 200) its the best one for the price. Also, that seems like a VERY good price for the Range Kit. They go on GB for at least 200.
Have fun with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.