Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I took it out today, it did OK with the 3 inch barrel, but the 5 inch I had nose up jams almost every round, and the mags are a joke, supposed to be 10 rd mags but I can get MAYBE 6 in before it becomes just to tight to put anymore in, and if I force anymore rounds in I get a huge dent in the side of the case of the bullet under it. I'm not sure if I should bother messin with it more, if anyones had experience with these things or if I got one of the cheapo pistols that gives hi points a bad name?

·
Registered
850 Posts
I've had absolutely zero problems with mine so far and have put about 500 rounds through it and that's with both barrels as well. I wouldn't even know where to start with the gun since I don't know too much about it and don't have the same problems you are having.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya im pretty disgusted honestly and thinking of takin it back to the GS to sell. Put it towards a walthers p22. My FFL told me to try diff types of ammo and keep playin with it see if it gets better. I got the deluxe range kit and have about 180 in it, might sell it on here to to someone who knows more about these.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I thought of that, I'm running Winchester Super X Power Point, it's 40 grain hollow point, high velocity. Might be cause it's hollow points... but I really suspect it's more the mags though to but Idk

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah they have a lifetime I believe, idk if this is pretty normal for these or not so I wana see what you all think about this thing. I should add to with the 3 inch barrel it was VERY reliable and actually shoot pretty accurate, one handed just not even sighted in I got maybe a 4 inch group at I wana say like 40 feet or so, it was slightly windy out today to. I actually shot better with that then I did my new Sigma I just got.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ya see I've got a 10/22 and a 22/45 and they eat up that winchester, course they love anything I feed them things. I also have CCI that shoots abit more accurate, but ya I can try runnin some CCI though it to see if that helps.

·
Banned
1,178 Posts
Ya see I've got a 10/22 and a 22/45 and they eat up that winchester, course they love anything I feed them things. I also have CCI that shoots abit more accurate, but ya I can try runnin some CCI though it to see if that helps.
Ruger and Phoenix= Night & Day. IMHO, ditch the Phoenix.Chaulk it up to experience( a BAD one) and don't even waste your hard earned money and time trying to fix it.

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
Ruger and Phoenix= Night & Day. IMHO, ditch the Phoenix.Chaulk it up to experience( a BAD one) and don't even waste your hard earned money and time trying to fix it.
Really? 2 people on this thread say they have HP22's and love em and they work fine. If the gun has a lifetime warranty how is he wasting his time to send it in and maybe see if theres a problem they can correct. Oh wait I know you're the one who said in another thread to destroy and bury a gun that was cheaply made, so I guess your advice is consistent here. Do you suggest the same if someone happens to get a Sig or Kimber or something that malfunctions, I hear it can happen to all guns, particularly auto loaders. I do believe all firearms companies employ a warranty repair department...I wonder why?

Don't ditch it if it has a warranty, according to the other 2 who have experience with your model theirs work fine. Send it in for warranty work, its not wasting your money, hell even if it wasn't under warranty and a simple inexpensive repair fixed it, would that be a waste?

·
Banned
1,178 Posts
Opinions are like assholes....everyone's got one, including me and you. I'll respect your right to express yours,even if I don't agree with what you said or how you said it. So....show some maturity and reciprocate.

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
Huh, well I guess you just called me immature for posting my opinion because you didn't like the way I said it. Well I won't devolve this into one of those endless B**** threads I was trying to help the OP not tell him to just throw away a firearm that could possibly be repaired and provide good service. I mentioned what you said because I read another thread where you say you destroy and bury guns that are "cheap" and I think thats horrible advice and yes I will mention it. If you think that is immature you're entitled to. Veiled insults roll off my back like water off a duck.

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
Some inexpensive guns work fine, others are junk. My brother bought a .22 revolver once, the cylinder pin was a pop rivet. It spit more lead out the cylinder gap than it sent down the bbl. Made in Los Angeles during the 70s. Just because Hi-Point can make a functional firearm for a low price doesn't mean everyone can. YMMV. No experience with the Phoenix brand, so no comment on it's quality.

If the problem is only happening with the 5 inch bbl, I would look to see what differences you can see between the two bbls at the breech end. Try dropping rounds into both bbls outside the gun, compare how loose they fit, any drag going in or coming out, etc. Inspect the chamber for tool marks, dirt, etc.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Oh another thing I forgot to mention about mine. When I switched out the 5" barrel for the first time I was having a failure to feed about every round. I couldn't figure it out as I had no problems with the shorter barrel. I took the longer barrel off again and finally figured out that I didn't have it sitting in the gun exactly right so the feed ramp was higher and it wasn't feeding well. For some reason with mine at least, the 5" barrel is really a pain to get on the gun but the 3" is easy.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.