Photo ID

Discussion in 'CCW & Open Carry' started by SWAGA, Sep 19, 2014.

1. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

On all of my debit and credit cards I have written "photo ID required " instead of my signature.
    I kid you not, this just happened in à bar in Auburn Alabama:
    Girl asked for ID as I settle my bar tab, I give her my Florida Concealed Carry permit and she doesn't even blink.
    Compares it to the credit card says thanks and prints my bill........
    'Murica!!!

2. SteveC

SteveC Member

WV
    Went to the Post Office not long ago to cash a money order. Clerk asked for ID. When I opened my wallet my concealed weapon permit was visible. Started fishing for my license, but he said never mind. Pointed at the CW permit. "That'll do it." 'Murica indeed!

3. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Why should she blink? All she looked at was the pic and the name.

Even if she had noticed what it was...so what? Did you have a demand for cash pinned to it? Is there something odd or weird or scary about your picture?:confused:

4. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Well it is SWAGA so maybe the picture scared her into compliance. ;)

5. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Back in the 80's I was at a Padres game in Jack Murphy stadium and they carded everyone. I had my military ID, passport and my Texas DL that was valid without photo. I handed the girl my passport and she told me she couldn't take it as it was not a California DL. I had to have her call the supervisor over to get my beer.

6. SWAGA

You're a cranky b'stard Ajole :p

[​IMG]

7. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    That Capone?

8. SWAGA

No it's me you Einstein.....stop casting your own lead boolits.....:p:D

9. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Uhh..... I'd recommend getting the penicillin shot stat!.......... Of course that would explain some of the things that come out of your' pie hole!

10. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Well you look nothing like Colonel Kurtz and a whole hell of a lot like Al Capone.

11. SWAGA

Yeah it looks like I'll need that in A-l-a-b-a-m-a-a-a.......:rolleyes:

12. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Oh!

I see why your upset SWAGA!

That guy is obviously a LOT better looking than you, yet she didn't catch the obviously fake ID. And it's expired to boot!

Can't get good help these days.:rolleyes:

13. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

In Alabama.... I'd go double shots, and a Zpack!.....

14. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I found a better pic of SWAGA...don't know why someone photo shopped a Beretta into it, that just makes it weird.:p

[​IMG]

15. SWAGA

Man, I don't know what it is with you!
    Just wanted to share a 'proud of Murica' moment with y'all and you keep raining on my parade ;)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  16. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Love ya SWAGS!

It's just funny how things we take for granted in the western states, is something remarkable to you eastern folk.

But then, sometimes it's good to be reminded just how good things are, despite the crappy state of the union thanks to the politicians on both sides of the aisle, and the media bombardment of insanity disguised as tolerance and free thinking.

17. SWAGA

In Florida I always do my best to cover up/hide my CCW permit when I pull my DL to ID myself.
    For one thing because it's nobodies business but also to not raise any questions or get comments. Not to mention I'll actually be carrying and no need to tip anybody off lol.
    With this bartender we talked hot sauce, then hot sauce I bought at a gun show then we talked guns for a while, she had just bought a pistolgrip Mossberg.
    I was still curious as to the reaction I was going to get when she asked for my ID.
    It's all good :D