Pic of my Saiga .223

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by squeak_D, Feb 21, 2008.

1. squeak_D

squeak_D Guest

Here's a pic of my Saiga .223 :) I have the scope and rail off right now as Im in between a scope/rail swap at the moment. Again, sorry if the pic is so dark, my lighting in this room is terrible. This is my hunting rifle.

[​IMG]

2. Ari

Ari Guest

I like your rifle very much...

I am going to try and help you a little with the dark thing.
    Here is some really great free software that will take care of your darkness problem! I have used it for a long time.

http://www.mediachance.com/digicam/enhancer.htm

[​IMG]

3. squeak_D

squeak_D Guest

Sweet! Thanks, I'll download that program. That will help out very much.

Squeak

4. Nice program. Thanks for the link.

Saigas are very good rifles. I used my Saiga in 7.62X39 this last deer season for my woods rifle. Makes a good hog gun too.

Anyway, enjoy that .223. Are you planning on converting it?

5. squeak_D

squeak_D Guest

When I first got it I was considering doing a conversion, but I decided not to since this rifle is strictly for hunting. If I change anything I might get the skeleton stock.

6. I haven't converted any Saigas I have owned. My 7.62X39 wears the Saiga skeleton stock with its fold down cheek piece. This allows me to switch from the scope to irons simply by twisting the piece down.

7. Yeah, mine isn't a zombie gun either. I personally think the sporter look is pretty sharp. Functional too.

8. Thorn 242

Thorn 242 Well-Known Member

where can I get those at?....i dont htink ive ever seen one here in oregon

9. Ari

Ari Guest

You can get them at www.classicarms.us

10. Paladin

Paladin Guest

If you'd like the Saiga .223's you should try out a Sagia 12 shotgun. It can empty a 10 round mag in about 3.3 seconds.

11. Thorn 242

for some reason...the classic arms website says that i am forbbiden to look at that web site....gona try a different direction

12. Lex

Lex Guest

Which scope mount did you go with? Seems to be a few options.

As for where to get one:
    http://www.msautoarms.com/ $275 shipped.

Gilberts guns also has some pretty good deals and so far seems to be great to work with.

13. Thorn 242

Thanx for the links...looking like i might have to get one now....either in .223 or 7.62x39....ifn the wifey oks it

14. Not sure of the brand. Its just a side mounted, high scope mount.

15. I love those saigas, damn fine ak, plus being a russian built ak for that price, simply unbeatable. Also sooo much cool stuff that can be done to them.

16. Deadeye008

Deadeye008 Member

I love my Saiga .223. Mine is a self converted zombie killer though...
    [​IMG]

17. Nice rifle Deadeye! Pistol ain't bad either.