Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone ever but picatinny rails on there factory stock? if so how is it done? :shock:

·
Registered
847 Posts
Would you guys be intrested in being able to buy some picatiny pre-drilled for all 4 screws on the top of the guard?

If there is enought intrest, I'll buy some stock picatinny and cut, dirll, and counterbore. Lets say for about $15. Raw aluminum.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I know I would be interested...I have a random weaver rail slapped on there that bows up at the front because of the raised outter mounts...

·
Registered
847 Posts
Funny you bring that up, cuase that was gona be my next post.

So 3 products to be made are:

* Short pre-drilled rail (same size as original stamped rail)

* Long rail and mount that will fit the original stock and hold the heat shield down.

* Long rail that will fit the ATI

·
Registered
905 Posts
You want paypal or should I start a direct deposit? Hehe
I would love the long pic rail without the forward brace in that picture. I don't need it to withstand a 50 BMG round.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I would like it exactly as in that pic :)

But would also settle for one that covers the whole bolt shroud...

·
Registered
847 Posts
Griff:

You definitely need something on the front to brace the rail... but yes it does not have to be that heavy duty. Probably 3/8" plate cut in a complimenting shape. Held on with a set screw or two. Even though that clamp style is much nicer, it is alot more difficult to do.

·
Registered
847 Posts

Yes, I know the stock looks like crap, but use your imagination. Also, notice that front support looks alot like the quad rail mount... thats cause it is. In case you buy this and later decide to add the other 3 rails. The rail also has the hole for that second mount, if its ever needed.

And for those I-dont-want-to-void-my-warranty guys, nothing is modified, its completely removable, and the weapon stays on the original stock so you won't run the risk of "overcompresing your springs". :roll:

·
Gun Fanatic
830 Posts
Well, I think I may be patient enough to wait for the new stock.

But I may want one :D

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
I really want just a short picitinny rail that just covers the length of the top of the receiver cover and a peep sight to go on it that will line up with the factory front iron. Without breaking the bank.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I dont know why, but it just screams SCAR to me :p

·
Registered
905 Posts
Bushman98
Will that be Paypal?
I would ask one thing. Bigger setscrew hole.
I love my flash hider in all ways but went through 2 hex head wrenches to tighten the small set screw that the hole allows.
I could go for a full length with forward post, I was wanting to put a laser inside the ATI stock but lasers stink in practice. Besides I'll have my red dot on the picatinny.
So when do you want the funds?

G

·
Good afternoon! I'm new here and have some info I thought you might be interested in. I corresponded with hi-point this week. The lady who answered my questions sent back an actual photograph of the new prototype stock. I've seen the computer generated images here but not an actual photo. Anyone interested in seeing it? I'd be happy to e-mail it to someone who could post it.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Bushman98
Will that be Paypal?
I would ask one thing. Bigger setscrew hole.
I love my flash hider in all ways but went through 2 hex head wrenches to tighten the small set screw that the hole allows.
I could go for a full length with forward post, I was wanting to put a laser inside the ATI stock but lasers stink in practice. Besides I'll have my red dot on the picatinny.
So when do you want the funds?
Hmm, I still have all my original allen wrenches and I have installed and taken off my of the prototype flash hiders. Make sure you are using the right one. I'm thinking on the next batch to go to a #8 setscrew. I already did this on some of the ones for the 4095.

As for the rails... give me a little time. I'm up to my eyeballs with work.

G

·
OK...let's try this.... HP's prototype stock. They tell me it will hit the market mid to late summer. Pretty sharp....

·
Registered
847 Posts
Very intresting... not too keen on the skeletonized stock, but the front looks nice.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts