Pick a 38...

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by lklawson, Sep 15, 2020.

1. If my SNS history is correct (I never really got into the SNS revolvers)I believe the Windicator is manufactured by Weihrauch GmbH and as the HW-357 model. Late 50's into mid 60's Weihrauch exported a lot of Zamak pistols which were sold under various names by a number of importers; for example the HW-357 was once marketed by FIE as the Titan Tiger. Of course, models have evolved with time, but as @OldOutlaw pointed out, melting point laws make the some of the Windicators illegal to sell in some states; and @histed mentioned it's C9 heavy so my conclusion is it's gotta be Zamak.

histed likes this.
  2. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

Yep, Zamak. These laws were to get rid of the cheap SNS.

Think1st likes this.

3. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    So, that's why they came up with the melting point laws. I was wondering what the rationale was.

4. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

The Windicator is supposed to have a steel frame.

5. OldOutlaw

Not all of them!

6. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

undeRGRound and OldOutlaw like this.
  7. retread

retread Member

wi . has never been one of these states.

8. OldOutlaw

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    undeRGRound likes this.
  9. I used to have the old Rossi 851, one of the few revolvers i had that i really liked. Never had a problem with it, accurate and reliable.

histed and undeRGRound like this.
  10. Texas Shooter

Texas Shooter Member

I bought the Taurus 856 It's a Wonderful 38 Special 2in 6 shot

lklawson and undeRGRound like this.
  11. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    This beauty was in fact the product of someone who REALLY Needed MONEY. It was on consignment at my #1 LGS for Transfers ($10!!!) for the paltry sum of $658.xx and included:
    1. LWD longslide
    2. LWD 6.61" 460R barrel
    3. COMPLETE Glock 21, well-used Gen3
    4. 100 rounds of UNDERWOOD 460R ammunition!
    I added up the prices of all items NEW and arrived at a figure somewhere north of $1500
    and decided I could not let it get away. My LGS ROCKS!

No KILL like OVERKILL!

Think1st and OldOutlaw like this.
  12. Think1st

Florida
    I need an LGS like yours.

undeRGRound likes this.
  13. missiledefender

missiledefender Supporting Member

No, they know the Boom Sticks are around and they boogie. They hunt by scent predominantly.

14. Think1st

Florida
    That's probably because the density of hunters is much lighter in your neck of the woods. Here in the Mainland, there are places where the hunters are more clustered on a routine basis, so the bears do learn to go after game hunters take. They have been known to follow hunters, waiting for them to shoot something.

15. missiledefender

missiledefender Supporting Member

Agreed. Here, in my part of AK (The Interior): the animals to hunt are caribou, bear and moose.

Depending on the area, pretty low hunter density. When I was in the Lower 48, I'd avoid the woods during hunting season. A Holes shot at anything that moved.

ajole likes this.
  16. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    They are small, and off the main path, I think they do this to increase traffic. They also have all in stock items online, including the consignment stuff. Same way I got the DEAGLE, it was on consignment but I saw it before it was listed! Cool Shop...

http://www.terrehauteguns.com/