Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my C9 at a local gun shop. They usually never have them in and they just happened to have one that got traded in and had never been fired. It still had the yellow plastic stuck in the slide! I paid $119.00 for it and couldnt be happier. I hope to learn alot from all the fellow HP carriers and experts!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Great Buy!!!!
We get price gouged out here. I paid 260 for mine, however it did come with a nice leather paddle holster by Galco. I over paid by about 40 bucks for mine.

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
Have HP's had a jump in price? I bought my .45 JHP like 2 years ago my LGS ordered it in from a distributor because they don't carry them (never badmouthed it though, he asked why I wanted it ,I told him I wanted to try an auto pistol in .45 and not spend a fortune, he said they are good be aware you may have to break it in and I'll order it right away, that was it. good guy) at any rate I only paid $154 NIB ordered in.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Have HP's had a jump in price? I bought my .45 JHP like 2 years ago my LGS ordered it in from a distributor because they don't carry them (never badmouthed it though, he asked why I wanted it ,I told him I wanted to try an auto pistol in .45 and not spend a fortune, he said they are good be aware you may have to break it in and I'll order it right away, that was it. good guy) at any rate I only paid $154 NIB ordered in.
Around here, Hi-points are just plain hard to find. They don't have a lot of resale value for a private owner, especially if selling to a pawnshop or gun store, and I rarely see used ones. With the new ones, the price seems to change greatly based on dealer. I've had one dealer tell me that he can't even get Hi-points from his distributor for as cheap as the average price on Gunbroker (before shipping/FFL charge), and so couldn't come close to matching the price, and talked to another who was $60 cheaper tell me that it was as low as he could go and still make money. That's a pretty huge difference in price, and the second dealer was still able to make a small profit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ditto on them being hard to find around here. 40s and 45s you can find, but th C9s are rare as hens teath. I just walked in at the right time with the right salesman. It wasnt even in the display case yet and i bought it. C9s are on back order according to the salesman and ontop of that theres a wait list. Yeay for being just plumb lucky. haha ^-^

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I put 110 rounds through my C9 yesterday. It did great! Only jammed up once and that was the first time i tried putting 7rounds in the clip. After that i tried it again and it didnt jam. We shot at about 10 yards and for the most part were grouping pretty consistently in a 6 inch circle. So i was happy with that. I think im going to get a laser just for the heck of it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.