Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the .40 and just found it a bit to cumbersome. So I sold it to a friend for $150.00 and got the C-9 for $149. I threw in a couple box's of shells to sweeten the pot for my friend since I would have no use for them. I set out to get the .40 pistol and 4095. Then I did not care for the .40 and found a real good deal on a 995. So here I am with the C-9 and the 995. I think I will be much happier especially when it comes to buying ammo. I figure with the ammo and tax's I lost $50 on the deal but that will be made up in no time with the ammo cost.

·
Premium Member
36,168 Posts
Howie, you aren't thinking big enough...you need the 4095, and the 995, and the matching pistols for each. That way, when the 4595 comes out, you won't need it!
But that was a good price on the C9!

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
I can't wait until I can buy My C9 to go with my 45JHP!!!!! And then the 380 for carry ? I hope? I'm putting alot of stock into the Hi Points and they are the best, cheap , ugly , heavy pistols there is. And they go bang when you need them most. Congats.

·
Premium Member
36,168 Posts
Andy, if you have the C9, why go .380 for carry? They are the same size, nearly the same weight...?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just could not stand being different ben. LOL

I did notice on this new c9 that it does not want to load the first two rounds. After that it's fine. I emailed Hi Point requesting a replacement magazine as I suspect that is the problem. I know there are helps on here for fixing such problems but I figure let HP take care of it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just could not stand being different ben. LOL

I did notice on this new c9 that it does not want to load the first two rounds. After that it's fine. I emailed Hi Point requesting a replacement magazine as I suspect that is the problem. I know there are helps on here for fixing such problems but I figure let HP take care of it.
Do you mean on the first two rounds it is putting an extra round in?
I have heard a lot of folks having that issue with new magazines and usually leaving them fully loaded for a week or two helps ease the tension on the spring.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No it just puts one in but the slide or the round gets stuck gets stuck and does not want to go forward. If I keep my hand on slide and make a forward motion while I chamber the round it will go in. I'm going to try and go out and shoot it tonight and see how it does when it chambers the second round after firing. It does not happen if there are only six rounds though. So it may be the same issue. I will just have to wait and see. I tried it with the mag out of my 995 and got the same thing but they are new also. Although I don't have any problem with the 995. If it does not break in I will just send it in to HP and let them mess with it. I'm not one to tinker on things unless they are computers. My experience is I usually end up breaking something. LOL

·
Premium Member
36,168 Posts
Sounds like my new mags, they are just tight. Leave 'em loaded, spread the lips a LITTLE bit, and use 'em a while, and they get smooth.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sounds like my new mags, they are just tight. Leave 'em loaded, spread the lips a LITTLE bit, and use 'em a while, and they get smooth.
I will see how it acts after a few weeks. When you say spread the lips do you usually mean the front part or back?

·
Premium Member
36,168 Posts
For me it has been mostly the front of the middle, where the little wings are, and then the front just a teeny bit...

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I took it out to the range last night and out of 100 rounds I probably had it FTF 5 or 6 times plus still have the problem of the first round not wanting to go in and twice had the slide not go all the way shut. I am going to pack it up and let HP do the work on it. I just don't care to do all the adjustments and I know I will get a free mag for my problems. Plus let them spend the money on the ammo to test it out.

Now on the good side I loved shooting it. I like it much better than the .40. It's just has such a good feel to it compared to the 40. I'm also finding that since I got my 995 I'm not caring much at all about the pistol. I'm in love with the 995. LOL

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well 3 days latter a little oil and some more rounds though the c9 and it seems to be ok. I oiled it well Wednesday when I came home and let the mag sit full. I fired about 70 more rounds through it tonight with not one problem. So it appears your right ajole. I was hoping that would be the case.

·
Premium Member
36,168 Posts
So it appears your right ajole. I was hoping that would be the case.
WOOT!!
Score one for me....finally!!!! :D
Glad it worked out so easily! Took me two months of messing around and following various suggestions to get that info, and here it worked in only a week!
The forum DOES work! :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts