Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I scored this one last week for (after getting and inspecting it) way less than I should have paid.
The finish looks great, and the bore has shiny grooves and lands (it looks as good as some of my Fins).

left and right sides... a pair of dings that I can't see in real life, but show up in pics. lol

a neat stock repair

and I don't know what the heck this is (the C91) I have never seen this mark before on any of my rifles.

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
Are you sure thats a C91 mark? It looks sort of like the "SN" sniper mark would the C and H in russian with then maybe a circle mark of some kind superimposed over the first bar of the H? Nice looking piece btw.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you sure thats a C91 mark? It looks sort of like the "SN" sniper mark would the C and H in russian with then maybe a circle mark of some kind superimposed over the first bar of the H? Nice looking piece btw.
I CH is usually smaller, and is accompanied by an accuracy marking. There is no accuracy mark, nor is it drilled for a scope mount... though I have seen CH marked rifles that weren't accuracy marked, or drilled and tapped; however, I don't believe this to be an example of that.

edit:
HiPoint45, some of the guys on the gun boards agree with you, and think it is a CH sniper marked barrel. So it may have been a used barrel on a damaged receiver, or a sniper rifle that was never scoped.
Its odd to me, I have never come across an ex-sniper/sniper with the CH this large before.

Either way, it makes the rifle that much more interesting.

·
Banned
2,493 Posts
I have 2 that have the large CH on them, they are ex snipers, the barrels at least. the variation of sizes has to deal with the fact that the Tula arsenal was moved and some of the stamping equipment was left behind. It is not uncommon to see the CH like yours but it is very uncommon to see it as a cut down and rebarreled M91/59. I have one that has been cut down and installed on a 1928 Hex receiver. The fact that alot of them were refurbed with different receivers explains why yours isn't showing signs of having been drilled and tapped.

But just let me say also, absolutely gorgeous example and should be an awesome shooter, congrats Zerdaze.
One day you and I should have our own gunshow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.