Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first SKS- 1954 Russian, Ishy, looks minty, has the typical repaired stock. All matching numbers, but stock is force-matched. To keep the Gunny at bay----
oh, the last one really shows a lot of dust(and covered toes), haven't gotten around to cleaning it all up yet :D :D

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Yes, please don't bubba that gun, it's beautiful.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no plans for Bubba on this one, it's staying as is-gonna get me a $169 Yugo from SOG for that 8)

·
Banned
2,493 Posts
no plans for Bubba on this one, it's staying as is-gonna get me a $169 Yugo from SOG for that 8)
beautiful, just beautiful. i feel you on the bubba thing. i'd have lost my mind if i ever modded my russian sks, thats what they made the yugos for :D . although i still had to get one and keep it original too. but still, where'd ya find the russian?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
there's a guy here in town who collects, buys and sells all kinds of military stuff, including firearms. That's where I got my first 2 MN's also. He mostly deals in the higher dollar firearms, like fully functional & safe to shoot 1903A3's (he's got 5 for sale, way outta my league). I prolly gave more for it than I should've, but other than the dust & cosmo on it, it is CLEAN. I pushed two patches through the barrel and it is mirror bright.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Okay, I'm jealous!! SKS is about the only thing I don't have. Very nice looking. That stock is a beaut!! 8)

·
Banned
2,493 Posts
Okay, I'm jealous!! SKS is about the only thing I don't have. Very nice looking. That stock is a beaut!! 8)
gotta get you one(or 12) but be careful, they are as addicting as mosins and a good deal higher priced, hard to believe with all that you bought a few weeks ago that you don't have an SKS yet, shame on you :lol:

·
Banned
2,493 Posts
there's a guy here in town who collects, buys and sells all kinds of military stuff, including firearms. That's where I got my first 2 MN's also. He mostly deals in the higher dollar firearms, like fully functional & safe to shoot 1903A3's (he's got 5 for sale, way outta my league). I prolly gave more for it than I should've, but other than the dust & cosmo on it, it is CLEAN. I pushed two patches through the barrel and it is mirror bright.
i'm with you on the 1903's, i'd love one but still a good ways outta my price range

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
Nice looking SKS. I have an older Chinese made one, and they are well built rifles.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Krippp, 91/30 Hexes for 69 each and M48 Yugos for 129, with money to buy 14 of them, PRICELESS!!!! I'll get one sooner or later, but the trip was UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! 8) 8)

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
nice sks... nothing wrong with having an original stock, and adding another sks with taspco stock. works for me, and they are great "many rifles" up to 200yards with iron.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just found out over at sksboards that the Ishy's were only made 2 years, 53 and 54. And it also appears to have an East German proof mark. Gotta check this out more! :shock:

·
Registered
922 Posts
Nice one Oneofsix

1 - 16 of 16 Posts