Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, in an effort to improve my groupings without breaking the bank I went out to Gander Mountain last night and picked up a S&W 22a for $249. I like to feel and configuration. Pretty close to my other handguns (1911 and S&W M$P compact).

*Recent* information seems to show this should be very reliable and easy to break-down.

I'll follow-up with a range report, which will include about 4-6 different types of ammo, after I get a chance to take it out to shoot (looks like that might be a week or two with the current weather).

And I know...

:postpics:

...I'll see if I can get a pick of it up sometime tonight

·
Registered
222 Posts
You will love this gun! I got one for a little less than you paid...($175) and i love it! I can put 60 rounds down range before my buddy can get off 6 with his little revolver. It is dead accurate too! I like to set up shotgun shells about 15 yds out and pick them off one by one...i even tried it once with some pens i found at the range and hit a few of those...all off hand.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, a quick question...just took down the gun and it's a little dirty. I know the factory fires a test shot, but this looks dirtier than a single shot and the barrel isn't clean either. I am also missing the manual and I thought it was supposed to come with a couple small spare pieces. I am wondering if they sold me a used gun... :glarestraight:

No answer at the store...could be closed due to the severe weather.

·
Registered
37 Posts
when i bought mine it came with the spent shell casing they used to test fire it, and it also came with a spare recoil spacer, that little white piece of plastic that goes behing the recoil spring , mine was a little dirty too but not too bad, i paid $239 when i got mine, did you get the nice blue hard case when you got yours?, but it should have came with the spent casing in a little brown sealed envelope.

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
It is a nice Weapon. I would definitely check with the store. You should have gotten everything including a manual. If used, should get a price reduction or a new gun.

Congrats though. Sorry you are having issues.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Came with the casing and the blue hardcase, but was missing the manual and the extra recoil spacer (I knew it was missing a part but couldn't recall what it was supposed to be).

The store confirmed S&W doesn't clean these after test firing. It looked a lot dirtier than a single shot would cause, but I was told that S&W test fires all mags that ship with a gun. That would make for 20 rounds and that would seem to fit. I looked for other signs of wear and didn't see any.

I am guessing a salesman took the stuff out to show a customer and everything didn't make it back into the case.

Tear down is pretty easy with this gun. Going to clean it, lube it, put it back together and try to get it out to the range soon.

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
:postpics: :dead:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts