picked up an old mauser

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by tommy20/69, Jan 25, 2009.

1. tommy20/69

tommy20/69 Member

i picked up an old mauser now i need a sight where i can find some parts for it. it's a argintina 1891 caliber 7.62x53 it has all the markings like the hands shaking on all the parts and all the numbers match the only problem is they cut the barrek abd stock to try to make it a shorter bush gun. when i got it it was painted black even the barrel so i stripped it down and put it back to what it should look like . i'm gonna drill and tap the reciever for scope mounts and mount a scope on it and take the front and rear sights off being it's missing part of the rear sight already. i only paid 50.00 for it so it's gonna be a good shooting gun when i'm finished with it.i sure wish they wouldn't have cut it up like they did because from what i raed it would be in the 700.00 dollar range but you can't have everything you want right!! the guy i got it from said it was for his dad and his dad had a gun smith cut the barrel to make it shorter there is no pitting at all and the rifleing in the barrel is perfect and there is no rust on the barrel or parts either.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Krippp

Krippp Well-Known Member

3. tommy20/69

tommy20/69 Member

thanks kripp i'm gonna check out the websight.

4. Not a bad looking rifle at all. At least it is something that you can custom to what you want since that was already started.

5. junior

junior Guest

I have never seen a Mauser go for more than $300. And that's in pristine condition. It's a shame. They are my favorite bolt actions.

6. tommy20/69

tommy20/69 Member

it is missing the most important marking "the crest" thats what is keeping it from being a really exspensive gun.