Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happily found the letter from the county clerk in the mail my cpl has arrived for me to pick up. So off I went to the clerks office to pick it up. Lets see that was $149 for the training class, $105 for the application fee and a final $3 for laminating. Grand total of $257 dollars for the permission to legally carry a firearm. That's more than I paid for my C9 lol. Anyways, great day for me in Michigan........

·
Banned
5,286 Posts
Sweet.. I am supposed to be taking my class around October 24th.. How long from when you filed the paperwork till you got your cpl?

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sweet.. I am supposed to be taking my class around October 24th.. How long from when you filed the paperwork till you got your cpl?
Took 9 weeks to the day, which was really surprising since they said they were running about 12 weeks when i dropped off the app.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
That is on the expensive side. Here in Virginia, the application fee varies by county but cannot exceed $50. Then the class is around $150 but you can take a certified hunter education course instead which is free. Oh, and it is good for five years and there are rumblings about making it good for life.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sent my application in to my state of Texas about June 1, 2009. Check progress online with the State, and still says processing application.

This I hear is the largest backlog ever in Texas, as more people are applying for a CCL.

Strange, as this happened after the last election.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts