Picked up new to me M59 Yugo SKS

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Zone' started by panoz77, May 2, 2014.

1. panoz77

panoz77 Member

So I finally sealed a deal and was able to pick up my M59 on Wednesday (bonus was 1000 round of Wolf FMJ for $200). It is cosmetically in pretty good condition, not perfect but certainly VG condition. Stock/handguard have some of the typical storage marks and a few other light scratches but overall not bad. Bluing is probably around 80%, the receiver cover is probably the lightest bluing. There is an bluing wear pattern under the upper handguard on the barrel where the wood nubs contacted the barrel. The bayo also has some of the grey finish worn off in areas. It is all matching and has a unusually high to me number of inspection marks and part numbers and a lot of electro pencil. The receiver actually has a part number stamp, the stock and even the cross bolt :-s, there are part numbers on almost everything. The import mark is very light, I almost could not read the Samco Mia, FL. Overall, everything is tight, trigger is good, bore and rifling are near perfect. Added a rubber 59/66 buttpad over the steel buttplate.

Now pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. panoz77

panoz77 Member

[​IMG][/URL]

[​IMG][/URL]

[​IMG][/URL]

[​IMG][/URL]

[​IMG][/URL]

[​IMG][/URL]

3. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    That's the cleanest M59 I've ever seen!

How is the gas tube? That's the classic failure point on the old 59, they often weren't cleaned well and would get corroded.

From the looks of things, I bet it's fine, too.;)

4. talon

talon the banned wagon

she's purty :D

5. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Looks like the SKS I picked up. Barrel looks new, gas tune had light rust from sitting I could wipe off with my fingers

6. panoz77

panoz77 Member

It is clean, but I have seen some nicer examples. It has just enough "character". Gas tube is spotless inside.

7. cktvt

cktvt Member

I thought all Yugos had the grenade launcher :confused: I guess not

8. very nice, I will ask. What did you pay?
    And I think all 59's are sans grenade launcher. The 66 had the launcher. I am prolly wrong though.

I have a golf ball launching attachment for my 59/66, that thing is a freaking hoot!

9. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

Hey PANOZ! How come you did a BUBBA job on the butt plate. Looks like that is an M59/66 wanna be. :) Seriously, get rid of that rubber someone put on it.
    These have only a steel butt plate. Better send you back to the educational section for re-processing. :D :D

10. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    It already is a mix master, why not mix in a /66 but plate?

11. stay with the buttbad. It is totally bad ass. Mine had one as well as the WASR and the Finnish capture 91-30. The only reason not to have it is in war time if you needed to buttstroke someone, . but even with this rubber pad that thing would crack a head open. They are pretty damn hard.

Added bonus is the extended reach for the trigger.

Looks like the plate is right underneath the pad, exactly like mine.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  12. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

Simple. Because it is a legitimate Arsenal refurbished rifle. The one feature not is that rubber he has over the plate. I know he put it there. If he were to sell it today, some buyers would detract a bit for that. He knows what I mean. I am a pretty well known SKS collector and helped review that rifle before he bought it. He wanted an authentic rifle. He knows me well from the SKS circle. Besides, he deserves all the crap he gets. Right Panoz?:)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  13. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Well, I guess that answers that!:p

Of course, if he were to sell it...he could just take that butt plate off again.;)

14. you win the internet tonight