Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have possession!!....I really like the look of it with the tactical stock...very short, just what I want for the rig and the woods as I plan on fox and coyote hunting in the woods with it...surprisingly heavy...Im going to scope it with a smaller scope probably....I noticed the bottom of the magazine is very loose and wobbles back and forth on the bottom even when in the gun is this normal?.......OK heres my immediate problem...I put the operating handle in as shown on the directions..which are mighty meek speaking of which...and with the magazine in the gun i cant get the bolt to go forward or move the safety lever....I can hear the bolt hitting the top of the magazine ?....so when i take the magazine out...I can move the safety lever and bring the bolt back and forth easily....I played with this for about an hour and cant get the bolt to lock in fwd firing position when the magazine is in the gun....any help would be greatly appreciated...also I dont see anywhere how to put the sling on?......and i also have read over and over that Hi-Point does free repair of the gun no matter who owns if for life...I just checked and it says this on their web site....so on the paperwork in my box in one spot it says " HI-POINT FIRE ARMS, BEEMILLER, INC, WILL NOT HONOR ANY CLAIM WHATSOEVER BY SECOND OR SUBSEQUENT OWNER OF THIS FIREARM".....im not typing the whole thing but on the front page it says " THE CARBINE IS WARRANTEED FOR LIFE BLAH BLAH, THE THE ORIGINAL RETAIL CUSTOMER" ............AND IT SAYS IT MUST BE SHIPPED UPS WITH A COPY OF YOUR PROOF OF RETAIL PURCHASE................twould appear the life long all owners warranty is a thing of the past?? ...so in closing i really like the look and feel of the gun but am finding it a little frustrating right at this point !!!

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
The bolt staying open wiht the mag in is the last round hold open feature. it is normal. it won't do that when there is ammo in the mag. secondly, the mag being a little loose is normal. mine is the same way.
Congrats on the new purchase. you'll love it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Congrats on the 995TS!

The mag should be a little loose so it will drop free when you push the mag release. Makes it easy to do a fast tactical reload.

The bolt will go forward when the mag is loaded. Pull it back and let it go to chamber a round with a loaded mag. Take my word and don't try it in the house.

I free floated the barrel on my 995TS and it's very easy to do. I am going to test it out to see it improves accuracy once I mount the low power Tactical scope I have coming.

GC

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
I'd like to hear more of this "only warrantied to the original purchaser" thing.

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
yea, me too. i noticed that on my c9 instruction paper and warranty information sheet.

everyone on this forum says it doesn't matter how many owners the gun has had that the warranty is still valid. what does the folks at Hi-Point say about this??

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is what it says on their web site, contradicting their paperwork shipped with the guns ? :

"All Hi-Point firearms carry a lifetime, no-questions asked warranty. Whether you are the original purchaser, or a third-hand owner, your Hi-Point firearm will be repaired free of charge."

·
Registered
367 Posts
The bolt staying open wiht the mag in is the last round hold open feature. it is normal. it won't do that when there is ammo in the mag. secondly, the mag being a little loose is normal. mine is the same way.
I gota stupid question but the old 995 doesn't have a last round lock open right?

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
I gota stupid question but the old 995 doesn't have a last round lock open right?
not a stupid question. and no, it does not have that feature

·
Registered
14 Posts
The sling swivels on the 995TS seemed to work well replacing the bottom rear screw on the buttstock and the front screw on the foregrip. These are both on the side of the firearm. I can try to give more details if you have questions. I do not have a 995TS on hand to post pictures.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What another question!.....so I bought mine for hunting....in NH i can only have 5 rounds in the magazine so I need to block the magazine....does anyone know if the bottom of the clip just pops off?...I only have one and dont wanna break it but I need to get a plug in there to make it legal for hunting !! thanks...great info here!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.