Picking up a JCP .40 today

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by TnShooter83, Feb 29, 2008.

1. TnShooter83

TnShooter83 Guest

I mentioned I was wanting one. I'd like to have had a Glock or XD
    but my grand father called saying he found a HiPoint .40

I had talked about my 9mm so much. He picked it up for me thinking I'd want it.......
    So depending on what I like? It or one of my 2-C9 will go up for sale at the next gun show.

The bad part is he paid $200.00 for it....

HiPoint JCP .40 w/1 box of shells, and some type holster.

I love the old man...but I think it's a little high on the price.
    Oh well....Until then I'll shoot the thing. He was just trying to help.

I guess I save &20.00 if you included all the stuff with it.
    Other wise I'd have bought a new one.

2. Well it all depends on how much ammo and what type of holster. I didn't know the JCP 40 shot shells either. Are you getting one of the new side by sides? lol. If he got a $20 holster and $20 worth of ammo he is doing just fine.

3. I hope you guys like your JCP40 as much as I do mine. Fun gun to shoot and would be a good piece for home protection

4. Agree with Mr. W - my 40 is sweet and smooooooth as butter. First time my kid handled it, I couldn't get the smile off his face for days. You're gonna like this new toy.

And props to your grand dad - you need to tell him from all of us, he done well for you!

5. pjm204

pjm204 Member

I like what I am reading, I just ordered one today. Hope I enjoy my .40 as much as you guys. I honestly don't think I'll be able to not take it apart. I generally strip all my guns down completely. I guess I will try my hardest to keep it together, until it needs to be taken down.

6. GrOuNd_ZeRo

GrOuNd_ZeRo Gun Fanatic Member

I love my JCP, had very little problems with it.

For 200 plus ammo and holster he did good! I paid 182 dollars for just the weapon! I bought CCI Blazer Brass and a Holster for it later on and I know that would have been way over 200 dollars.