Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was fortunate enough to win a GunBroker auction that has a local pick-up option. Plan to pick it up next week. Sarge's video SOLD me on the Hi Point C9 for sure. Any advice on ammo? What to use...what to avoid?

Thanks folks.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
I have only had ONE jam in my Hi Point career. It was Not the gun's fault. The round was a home grown .380 100gr lead cast reload that was 15 years old and was not sized propperly so it would only chamber half way. The rest of the 200 rounds of these reloads shot great.

After that I have never had a problem at all.

I shoot American Eagle or Independence. I think that Hi Point says to stay away from Blazer. But someone else can chime in on that as I do not recall. I believe it is the aluminum cased rounds to stay away from?

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Mrs. Hipoint told me on the phone to stay away from Winchester White Box and Wolf. Mine likes everything so, you will have to test yours out and see what she prefers. I have quite a stockpile of Blazer brass, Blazer aluminum, and American Eagle - all of which mine does excellent with.

Edit: mine loves Blazer (brass and aluminum alike).

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Blazer Brass and Remington have never let me down. Congratulations on the purchase :D

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Congrates on the C9, mine did not like the Monarch Steel Case. The lacquer like coating seem to drag in the mag. As far as the Blazer aluminum, the only problem we had on the range was the spent cases were starting fires when they got kicked out on the dead grass! It was funny hearing someone yelling "FIRE" on a public range until we figured out they did not mean SHOOT!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.