picking up new rifle this weekend

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by USMC_VET, May 22, 2015.

1. USMC_VET

USMC_VET Supporting Member

Well actually getting the paperwork started but going to get a Daniel Defense MK12 rifle . Got it for a good price at my LGS for $2250 . Still need a few items to make it complete like a Harris bipod and a good 3.5 - 12x50 or 3-24x50 scope

2. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Wow! Those are beautiful rifles.

Don't forget a quality cup holder! :D

3. Looks like a really nice rifle. I would also get an upper that will fire .300 Blackout ammunition as well.

Are you planning on any optics? I like the illuminated reticules with that also have a passive reticule if the battery fails. Magnification on optics is also desired.

4. USMC_VET

The optic designed for the MK12 SPR is a 3.5-10x40 leopold . No I won't be needing a .300 upper as this is the military version and accurate to 700 plus yards and at 100 yards it is sub moa

The MK12 spr has a 18" stainless steel match grade barrel designed for accuracy . Going to a 16" .300 barrel would defeat the purpose

5. Browning 9 Guy

Browning 9 Guy Premium Supporter Member

USMC, please post pictures once you have that beauty.

6. USMC_VET

I sure will !!! :)

7. Outlaw

Outlaw Supporting Member

$2250.? DAAAAMMMMM! :eek:

8. USMC_VET

That's cheap !!! , still have to spend $600 for a leopold scope and another $100 for a bipod

9. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

He also lives in Kommiefornia, so that $2250 is probably $1500 in Freedomville, if not cheaper.

10. USMC_VET

Daniel Defense website shows them for $1999 msrp

Anyways $2k for a rifle is nothing at all to cry about

11. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Except I can build one that will function just as well for under $600...

12. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Come on guys, leave the gun bunny alone.

13. USMC_VET

The trigger for the Daniel Defense MK12 SPR IS from Geissele and it's there SSA 2 stage trigger and that is $240 so you only have $480 to build that same rifle

14. USMC_VET

lol !!! :):):)

15. Rachgier

We used to mess with the armorers sometimes by playing Smashing Pumpkin's Bullet with Butterfly Wings when we brought our rifles in. They "loved" it when the chorus played and we all started belting it out for them.

Had a squid call our armorer a gun bunny at the NCO club one day. The dude leveled his ass and told him only Marines were allowed to call him that.

16. USMC_VET

17. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

My Old First Sgt used to call me Fu)k head did you clean my weapon yet. :rolleyes: He was cool he taught us all to scuba and his wife had us over on the holidays

18. USMC_VET

used to make money off of you guys after rifle range detail ,since you were only allowed to field strip it and clean it during the (3) days i could completely clean it in less than a 1/2 hour using a sonic washer and TCE solvent . I would charge you guys $20 to completely clean it and made lot's of money on payday when i sent the dirty weapons list to all OIC's of ea section head

19. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

MSRP =/= selling price
    But, yeah, I spent almost $1800 on my Tavor, MSRP was $2000, and it had just arrived in the US not that long before I bought it.

20. Rachgier

You wouldn't have made it off of any of my guys. We were pretty meticulous about our weapons and gear and if the PC got a list from the armory, he sent the platoon sergeant down there to "gently" advise them where to stick their list. Gunny was a real peach when it came to conflict resolution.