Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally got around to taking pics of the 995. I'm not finished yet. The Red Dot was an impulse buy. I was in Wally World looking for ammo Fri. and glanced at the red dots there (it was a regular store not a supercenter and they sometimes have different prices on the same stuff). Well I saw the Tasco Prodot which I haven't seen elsewhere. It is a Red/Green dot at 42mm not 30mm. Had them check the price and it was $3 less than the the Reddot. Hummmm. OK. Well took it out today and got it sighted in. Want to take it out a couple more times before I paint it to match the carbine.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Haven't been a big fan of the new stock but that paint job makes me almost want one....Nice Job!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love the stock. where can I get one?
That's the TS stock with an original paint job. Base of Krylon tan camo and then I made some digital cutouts and used the lighter green and darker green camo Krylon paints. Finished it off with a topcoat of poly. Did this with my son's Marlin M-70 and it's held up well.

Robert

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
That may be the coolest camo paint job I've seen on one of these so far. That beefier, more tactical looking stock is just made for camo!

Really nice job.

·
Registered
238 Posts
im new to the hp guns but man i just canot believe how much different they look from stock to that .very nice job. i never really liked the look of the carbine with the lower front on them but wen you guys put the ati stocks and other things added with the paint jobs i definately want one now.

·
Premium Member
10,372 Posts
im new to the hp guns but man i just canot believe how much different they look from stock to that .very nice job. i never really liked the look of the carbine with the lower front on them but wen you guys put the ati stocks and other things added with the paint jobs i definately want one now.
You do know thats not an ATI right? Its the TS.

And yes, I agree he did do a very good paint job. Looks nice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
not too keen on the paint, looks like it needs some more digi black and brown, otherwise cool.
Probably would have done that for around here, but our land in TX where I plan to use it the most is more desert and rock. That's why I went with a more tan and little color to break it up.

I appreciate all the compliments. I actually enjoy doing this. I painted my son's Marlin M-70 a woodland camo, and my daughter wanted her Marlin M-60 pink (boy that was a hard one for me).

Robert

1 - 13 of 13 Posts