Pics of my Zastava m88a

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by travis9mm, Dec 25, 2014.

1. travis9mm

travis9mm Member

Just thought id share some pics of my carry gun. I absolutely love it. Much like a browning/colt design. It'll do till I can get a real 1911. Its a 9mm. Single stack 8+1.

Things ive done is try and make the sights a little easier to see. (Crappy job) and a Houge Handall jr. (Best thing ever)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Browning design proved reliable, if I didn't have so many guns I would love to have one. If you want a 1911 that is kewl, but there is nothing wrong with your choice, grats. As I suggested before train with it so you will become familiar with operating the gun under stress.

3. travis9mm

travis9mm Member

Ive had it about 4 months. I started a thread in the ccw forum about carrying cocked and locked. For $300 im very happy with it but theres just something anout a 1911 that I absolutely love

4. wganz

wganz Supporting Member

The only thing holding me back on buying one is the availability of extra mags.

If you know of one, I'd appreciate it. :)

5. I believe the norinco mags will work on the 88. Plus the Zastava longer mags may work giving a 9 round capacity on reload.

6. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Niiiice....
    Something about an all metal handgun!

7. travis9mm

travis9mm Member

I love it being all steel. And with the mags it comes with two and ive heard the norinco 213? Mags work

8. travis9mm

travis9mm Member

Definitely dont look on ebay. Haha $100 was the last one I saw. Sometimes gunbroker gets has em shown for $30-40. But im happy with the 2 it came with

9. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Nice. I've really taken a shine to these. :)

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

10. travis9mm

travis9mm Member

For $300 I definitely can't complain

11. Stogies

Stogies Member

I am not trying to diss you, OP, but why did you pick a basically very old design for daily carry?

If it's because you are on a budget you don't need to reply because that's self explanatory and there's nothing wrong with that.

12. undeRGRound

INDY

Great question, but I'm looking at all metal weapons... They will outlast us and our Great GrandKids, with proper care! No G.K.'s yet, but maybe someday...:cool:

13. travis9mm

travis9mm Member

Tried and true design. Less parts to go wrong. Budget was a little bit of it but my previous carry gun was my c9. Didnt like how hard it was to take down and clean. The profile of this weapon is very small. All steel construction so I know the durability is there. And if it wasnt this gun it would have been a Rock Island 1911. Just didnt have the extra $150 to get one. My wifes carry gun is a Berretta Storm PX4. Wonderful gun but again, polymer frame, Many parts, hard concealability, and it was $650. This has been brought up to me a lot. My platform is well over 100 years old. But hey, its worked great for this long! Haha. My ONLY dislike is the lack of rounds. 8 is kinda low. But thats what the extra mag is for. If it was a double stack thatd be nice but then the gun would be bigger, weigh more, so theres a bigger debate on if it would be worth it.

I hope I made myself clear on why I chose it. But thanks for asking. Lol amd trust me. Thats not a diss. Haha

14. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

How old do you think the 1911 design is? ;)
    There is a reason there are so many of the Browning/1911 design firearms still around. They work and are reliable.... period. :)

15. Kiln

Kiln Member

The Tokarev design may be heavy but it is slim and carries easily. It has also proven itself to be sturdy with the 7.62x25 so in 9mm it should be even better.

16. travis9mm

travis9mm Member

Oh.. since about 1900. Haha but thats my point from 1908ish til now they havent changed that much. Must be for a good reason lol

17. travis9mm

travis9mm Member

Id like to give the 7.62x25 a "shot"... (see what I did there?) Huh? Huh?

18. Kiln

Kiln Member

I like the 7.62x25. The stats are impressive for such a low recoil round. Now if only somebody made a good hollow point in that caliber.

19. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Reeds makes custom XTP loads for 7.62x25. Wolf Gold has some that I really like.

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

20. undeRGRound

INDY
    Tok ROCKS!

I think I should get a 357 Sig barrel for my M&P, that is about as close as I will come to a Tok, unless I find some great deals on it. Future Project ;)