pics of the newest mosin purchase...

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Krippp, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Krippp

Krippp Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the m44 is the last one purchased thursday of last week and the m38 was purchased a few weeks ago. still haven't done a thing to the m38 but as you can tell the bolt is missing from the m44, not to fear though as it was being cleaned by my wife at the time i took these pics. the m38 was imported by I.O. Inc and the m44 by century and it needs alot of cosmo removal. if anybody can help idenify a few of these marks i would be most appreciative cause some of them i couldn't even find on 7.62x54.net, i already recognize that they are both izzy's and that's about it

2. Great looking rifles. Of the MNs, my favorite is the M38. Mine is a superb hunter and is very handy in the woods.

Wow, you can get your wife to help clean guns? That's pretty cool. :D

3. I really like the M38s too, but its not easy to find the correct stock in decent shape. I have been looking and looking for one for mine.

4. Ari

Ari Guest

That is a nice looker do not change anything on that one.

5. Krippp

Krippp Well-Known Member

the only things these guns recieved was a thorough disassembly and cleaning to remove all cosmoline over the last 2 weekends and then oiled and put in their respective cases. i must digress though, i did shoot a few rounds through the m38 on friday and was completley blown away by how sweet this gun was to shoot.

6. I love the furniture on that M38 man, don't mess with that one! Great guns.

7. Krippp

Krippp Well-Known Member

i'll post new pics tomorrow cause after cleaning, the m44 actually might have turned out better than the m38, but i'll let you guys be the judge, either way they both are in remarkably great shape and shoot like a dream