Pictures from the Cabin last weekend

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Space, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Space

Space Member

NH
    Went up to the Cabin last weekend. It was really pretty. Just a week or two past peak color.

Took a few pictures and thought I'd share. (Stewartstown NH)

Cabin (wife says Shack)
    [​IMG]

Looking off the deck at the back 40
    [​IMG]

Just 1/2 mile down the dirt road opens up a little...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. That is some beautiful scenery, and I agree with you, cabin LOL

3. I also agree, cabin :) Real awesome pictures there! How much property do you have there? I was only able to spot one other cabin from the pictures you took.

4. Ari

Ari Guest

Cabin that is bigger then my house! :wink:

Very nice place you have there

5. elguapo

elguapo Guest

Man, you are one lucky SOB...

6. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

Nice place You just got me homesick again :cry: :cry: :cry: Oh well think snow in a few months gets me outta it :D :D :D

7. Cabin/Shack, What's the difference?
    Looks nice :D

8. Space

Space Member

NH
    Have 40 acres. Prices on land have trippled in the last 5 years up here. Can't even get 5 acres for what I paid for it 5 years ago.

9. Nice lil spot you have there! Need to show this thread to the wife so she knows exactlly what I want for a little mountain cabin.

rimfirehunter

10. billybybose

billybybose Guest

That CABIN on 40 acres is just beautiful!How close is town?

11. Space

Space Member

NH
    Towns close by are Colebrook (15 miles) and Pittsburgh (6 miles)

Not a whole lot in Pittsburgh but Colebrook has most everything you need.

Closest large stores like Home Depot and Walmart are 100 miles away :D :D

Closest movie theatre is 45 miles away. :?

12. 1inthechamber

1inthechamber Member

That's a beautiful cabin and landscape. :D

13. Beautiful stuff there Space, I am jealous.

14. Sigh...That is beautiful landscape there, dude; and some good shots of it, too.

15. Next time you're sitting on that porch drinking a hot beverage.... think of us. Then think about where we'd park 327 cars, trucks and vans when you invite us up for the weekend!

Great place, my friend.

16. Maverick

Maverick Guest

If that was mine, I would sell my house tomorrow and build a new log/stone home there. That looks like paradise.

17. uncle jerky

uncle jerky Well-Known Member

There are plenty of people making guns & building "houses" of all kinds, BUT, there is NO ONE making any more land/real estate. My friendly advice would be to....HOLD ONTO IT!! It's worth more than any other type of "investment" you can risk, speculate or waste your hard-earned money on. You can always build on to the cabin,or later use it as storage and build another, larger homestead- type structure on your land that will impress your wife. Then, you and your wife can remember the good 'ole days when the cabin was a cabin and not a storage bldg!!

18. Maverick

Maverick Guest

Heck no don't sell it... Build a house there. If its too far to drive for work and such. It would make a killer retirement place.

19. Space

Space Member

NH
    Yup, I'll build a retirement home up there when the time comes. Even if they build a WalMart next to me I won't be able to see it :lol:

20. Hey, as long as there is whitetail deer, wild turkey, squirrels and rabbits, that IS Paradise. Also, if you have land where you can grow your own vegetables/green stuff for canning etc, you're that much more better off.