Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No clue what started this but all of a sudden pictures are loading behind the replies so I only see bits and pieces of the picture...

• Wow
Reactions: Rerun

·
Super Moderator
5,064 Posts
No clue what started this but all of a sudden pictures are loading behind the replies so I only see bits and pieces of the picture...
Which server are you using? Everything is fine for me, but I'm using Google on a Chromebook

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Older firefox(have to, I rely on some ham radio plugins that were never updated), this started yesterday... disabled all my add ons etc, stopped the anti virus and firewall, still no work... Why I am stumped...

• Wow

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just looked at the page coding and what a pike of errors! This is the only site screwing up so what did they change?

·
Premium Member
7,040 Posts
Our computers using Firefox and Edge both work just fine on this site. Plus on other Forums using the same system.
I don't believe there have been any recent changes.
If Firefox is not up to date that may well be it. Older versions not worky so well nowadays. You said an older version.
Perhaps it is now corrupted?

·
Super Moderator
5,064 Posts
@MaryB - So far as I know, nothing new has been added or any changed made recently.If my information is wrong or mistaken, I'll let you know.

·
Premium Member
6,565 Posts
Older firefox(have to, I rely on some ham radio plugins that were never updated), this started yesterday... disabled all my add ons etc, stopped the anti virus and firewall, still no work... Why I am stumped...
Are you running Firefox ESR? It could be that one of the .js scripts is not getting properly pulled down due to ad or tracker blocking by ff. Even though FF is your primary browser you can still run IE or another browser to test with, or test using another computer. I'm not seeing any issues here behind my firewall and DNS sinkhole that both block ad's/trackers/etc.

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fresh FF install, all ad block, anti virus, firewall turned off, add ons turned off... even tried FF safe mode... other browsers work fine which had me wondering if the forum did an update that my older version of FF hates. And as mentioned when I look at the page code it is massively full of errors around the picture code...

Reactions: FlashBang

·
Premium Member
36,163 Posts
It’s funny that on another site using this software, the opposite happened to me; the picture covered the text.
Never have seen an issue here, though.

I’m on an iPad using Chrome, and the issue appeared on a Win10 PC using Chrome, but as our admin said, this is a bug in the software, not really a platform problem.

Reactions: OldOutlaw

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ahh thanks for the update. Figured an update broke something after looking at the page code and all the errors it was throwing.

Reactions: HFAdmin

·
Administrator
1,067 Posts
We have updates typically on Tuesdays or Wednesdays. Most of the time the updates are not front-facing. Sometimes we get some cool features, and sometimes things break. This one got annoying real quick because it affects images. I am just happy it's on its way to getting fixed.
-Philip

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts
Hopefully the patches will fix the iOS app too. Images in messages are only a link. You have to tap on the link, the the App opens a new view and loads the image (full size too, it doesn’t all fit on the screen).

I’m on an iPad.

·
Super Moderator
5,064 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts
The app has not been supported for some time. Tapatalk cancelled support for the BYO apps some time ago.
-Philip
DOH!

What’s weird is it keeps getting updates on Apple’s AppStore.

I guess I will finally need to switch over.

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Fixed it for Firefox(old version I use, yes I know it has risks, I also run a firewall, antivirus, and 2 ad blockers...) so far...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts