Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics I took after shooting roughly 300rds through the TS just to show and maybe compare.

You can obviously see the parts that rub, all the black paint is gone. The area around the fire pin is also stripping/peeling. Its actually metal coming off and not paint. I don't know how the metal comes off like that...

This picture shows a hole on top of breech bolt where the operating handle would come through, whats up with that?

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
thats all normal. just clean out the loose stuff and keep shooting. what you are seeing is casting "flash". the excess material left over after the part is cast. its nothing to worry about. just clean up any loose peices so they dont get somewhere they shouldnt. if you dotn feel comfortable with it, give HP and call and they'll likely have you send it in.

SW

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I figured it wasn't a big issue since the carbine performs perfectly fine. Except the last picture though, I'm pretty sure thats not normal. However, its not a big deal because that hole doesn't effect reliability or anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.