Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
U.S.S.
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of weeks ago I received my Feg .32 from Centerfire. Here was the pistol when I got it

The "blueing" on the frame was pretty well worn, so I decided to try a different finish. I sanded all the old finish off the frame and hit it with a clear enamel. I like the looks. Have some new wood grips on the way too. I'll update pics when I get them in.

And one for all you toe freaks. :)

·
Registered
340 Posts
the gun is nice.. the last pic is disgusting.. youre all FREAKS for sure! lol

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
How do you like that pistol in .32? And, who are you buying your wood grips from? I'm hoping you'll post pistures when they're installed.

Please keep us posted as you do these modifications; my son and I each have PA 63 and we've talked about making changes but haven't gotten around to it yet. Maybe in a few weeks when I have more time...

8)

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Nice work, it looks good. Well except for the toes :lol:

·
U.S.S.
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How do you like that pistol in .32? And, who are you buying your wood grips from? I'm hoping you'll post pistures when they're installed.

Please keep us posted as you do these modifications; my son and I each have PA 63 and we've talked about making changes but haven't gotten around to it yet. Maybe in a few weeks when I have more time...

8)
I like the pistol just fine, although it shoots a little high. Actually the first mod I did to the pistol was to put a heavier recoil spring and lighter hammer spring in to reduce the recoil and reduce the DA trigger pull. The recoil spring works fine, but the hammer spring did help the DA trigger pull, it also caused light strikes in the primers and I had a bunch of FTFs. Here are the grips I ordered for it. http://www.marschalgrips.com/?content=FEG-models&picture=pa63-redwalnut-chek

·
Registered
825 Posts
Dadgummit that looks good! I too can't wait to see the grips. I too can do without the toes! :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
Hell of a big toe there Mike, ever thought about lending it to science for study? JUST KIDDING LOL ;)

Nice pistol too :)

·
Registered
464 Posts
Pretty sharp lookin', mister!

G

·
I just got mine yesterday from Centerfire. I like what you did in refinishing. I'm having a hell of a time getting the finish off. Have it soaking in acetone right now. Did you use a Dremel on it or what?

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
OMG this is hilarious!! Beautiful work on the gun Mike, but I think we might have found Big Foot for real this time. :wink:

·
U.S.S.
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks, guys, I've been hitting that toe for years with a hammer, and it's finally paying off. :)

nytrumpet, As far as getting the finish off, I just used wet/dry sandpaper, a few hours, and some elbow grease. I think I started off with about 250 grit, and went up to 2000 grit.

Here are some updated pics with the new grips.

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
That FEG is beautiful Mike. I really like those wood grips.

·
Registered
464 Posts
That is definitely sharp looking!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Sorry guys if I'm missing something but as I go through and read a lot of posts I have to ask...... What's up with all the freaking toes ? I hope were not going to have a "Toe Zone" section. Please, enough with the toes !

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Sorry guys if I'm missing something but as I go through and read a lot of posts I have to ask...... What's up with all the freaking toes ? I hope were not going to have a "Toe Zone" section. Please, enough with the toes !
It's a tradition, like it or lump it. ;)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts