Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,008 Posts
Refresh my memory... these are the 25acp and basically a pot metal frame, similar to a Phoenix HP22?

Nice work, btw

·
Super Moderator
9,209 Posts
basically a pot metal frame, similar to a Phoenix HP22?
Nope, all steel, nice stuff.
Reassembling them is kind of a PITA the first couple of times.
It gets better over time, you grow an extra hand and it makes all the difference.

·
Super Moderator
5,284 Posts
Never did get a tiny .25 - and it ticks me RIGHT off. Love these little buggers. How'd you do the red?

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,008 Posts
It gets better over time, you grow an extra hand and it makes all the difference.
That is my new thing, high value, durable pocket guns. Our local RK has nice and CHEAP Bond Arms Derringers, 2 or 3 models under $300 but as you may know, there are models at twice that price!

My son is collecting knives, but for the money, I'm saying why get up close and personal when you can send your love from afar?

·
Banned
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That is my new thing, high value, durable pocket guns. Our local RK has nice and CHEAP Bond Arms Derringers, 2 or 3 models under $300 but as you may know, there are models at twice that price!

My son is collecting knives, but for the money, I'm saying why get up close and personal when you can send your love from afar?
I just bought 3 .22 Sterlings off GB...one is like new in the box. you'll end up having @ 200 in one no matter what. My gunshop didnt know they exist.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,331 Posts

·
Administrator
28,842 Posts
Wot happened to my stalker ?

[Admin voice]
You just came back. Don't push your luck. By trolling or bringing up old grudges.
[/Admin voice]

·
Banned
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the pins (5) can be pushed out by hand on the Sterlings. It seems common to find them with the safety lever missing...out of the 5 I have 2 were missing.
Bumbaclots pry them out thinking thats how you disassemble them .
I have a guy who makes grips trying to make new magazine baseplates for these.
I've only found baseplates down to .32. Triple K has been backordered on mags since June.
I want to find a Galesi .32 but theyre in the 600 dolla range.
There was a 25 Galesi clone made by FIE on GB last week that I let slide.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,008 Posts
That pimped out 300 is sweet, red over Nickel...

Was the nickel finish kinda rough? Or did you just want a different color?
I'm wanting to get my 44mag DEAGLE slide coated, the red has me almost forgetting about a gold plated look...

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,008 Posts
Showing the worst side of my DEAGLE, it's not too bad, but a two tone look would be sweet!
Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Toy Wood
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood

·
Banned
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

I'm wanting to get my 44mag DEAGLE slide coated, the red has me almost forgetting about a gold plated look...
the finish was kinda scratchy, i had tried the candy apple over bare steel and it came out grape..so i thought it would loo good over the plated base. I'm doing this on the cheap with a toaster oven but finally got the bugs out of my system by using a temp gun. my concern over you powdercoating yer deagle is that the heat treating may be harmed in some way.
it only stays at 375 F for a few minutes so i dunno an apparently nobody else does either that i can find. I've done my Star B's and shot them a lot without problem .I would post different color schemes but cant on my big computer because they have it blocked.

·
Banned
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

looks way better irl

1 - 20 of 24 Posts