Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got done watching Pineapple Express, and guys let me tell you about all of the shiny/evil black/class 3 guns in that movie!
The storyline is ok.
The acting is on par for Seth Rogen.
It's the cut scenes in between the action parts that make this one a laugher.
I enjoyed it, and I'll judge it on the Strangerous scale.... 7.2/10
That means, I'm glad I didn't see it in theaters, but I'm glad I got to see it.
It may come across as a "stoner film" but guys, it goes far beyond marijuana... It goes into responsibility, being professional, consequences of bad judgement, and last but not least: friendship.

I suggest you see it, but remember it's rated R for violence, language, and drug usage.
:)

·
Registered
163 Posts
I really enjoyed it. Some of the violence was over the top, and there was a LOT of shooting in it.

James Franco ruled. Very nice change from the brooding Harry Osborne from Spiderman

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
I didn't see it as I didn't wanna fail a drug test from the contact high.... Sheesh, when will Hollywood realize that the funny, "watchable" drug movies ended with Cheech and Chong?

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I didn't go see it the minute I found out it was a stoner flick because MY money doesn't go to promoting ignorant drug culture. To me, movies like this somehow validate marijuana addicts and I cannot abide by that. You may say it's good, and I'll take your word for it, but I won't pay my money to see it or have it in my house.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I didn't go see it the minute I found out it was a stoner flick because MY money doesn't go to promoting ignorant drug culture. To me, movies like this somehow validate marijuana addicts and I cannot abide by that. You may say it's good, and I'll take your word for it, but I won't pay my money to see it or have it in my house.
I don't blame you. You're choice, completely. I refuse to see the rash of films lately that portray soldiers as drug addicted, too stupid to know better, or just violent white guys who want to kill foreigners.

Free country.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.