Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at a sporting goods store today and wanted to take a look at a Ruger 1022 just something quiet to plink with out on the family property.. There was 1 guy at the counter and he was helping a young guy that wanted to buy a guy while it was still legal. He asked what the sales guy recommended, and the sales guy showed him an $800 Sig. The guy asked if they had anything cheaper because its a little out of his price range and the sales guy said this "Its your life on the line, would you rather trust it to this $800 Sig or something like a $100 HiPoint which is complete garbage by the way" The guy said good point, and I butted in, and asked "Have you ever shot a HiPoint? and he said "No but they have TERRIBLE reviews".. I said Really? and had a puzzled look on my face, and he added "dont ever buy one".. I then said.. I own two of them (the 995 in hand and the c9 is waiting on a 10 day background check).. The then fell off of his high horse and went into how they were not that bad of guns, and the customer he was with stood up and patted me on the shoulder and said thanks I will look into one of those and left.. The sales guy looked at me and said, get out, I am not helping you, I just lost a possible sale, so I got up and said you just lost another and left..

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah lol.. I went to walmart and they had a 1022 in stock for $50 less!! But the woman agreed to but it at the sporting goods store but then at WalMart she decided maybe we should wait because my job is a little rocky still (company might be closing down due to lack of business) I told her I could support us on my unempleyment but she still said no hahah.. (just kidding about support off unemployment, I have been looking for a new job but just no luck, I do structural engineering/design but with the housing market crash there is not a market for people with my skills)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Nice story. There are a lot of those types at firearms dealers these days. They concentrate too much on trying to make a big sale, when they would actually do better by selling the less expensive (i.e. more realistic to purchase) type items to the public.

Every place I've been to that has those 1000 dollar plus Kimbers in their shelves seems to always have those same 1000 dollar plus Kimbers in the same shelves a month later..........it's not rocket science....lol.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Stupid sales guy! Shouldn't let personal opinions get in the way of SALES... I'm glad you spoke up to the idiot. Always another dealer wanting your money. 8)

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
what shop so we know where NOT to go.

SW
My favorite gun shop doesnt carry Hi-point. Not sure why, but the sales guy never bad mouthed them, he said he acutally was impressed with the 995 his friend had. They would have lost alot of credit in my eyes had they bad mouthed them. It's never a good practice in sales to bad mouth a vendor or competition.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what shop so we know where NOT to go.

SW
It used to be called "Sportsman's Warehouse" in Lacey, WA but they undertook a new ownership and I do not recall the new name..

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
What I can't figure out is .... if a dealer is going to sell High Points,why trash talk them. I mean If I'm going to sell a product; I don't care which one is sold. At least if it's the lowest priced item in my inventory it's still money in my pocket versus some other dealer.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
What I can't figure out is .... if a dealer is going to sell High Points,why trash talk them. I mean If I'm going to sell a product; I don't care which one is sold. At least if it's the lowest priced item in my inventory it's still money in my pocket versus some other dealer.
dumb, LOL.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Sportsman's Warehouse is bad in my neck of the woods too (I forget the new name, also...lol).

I don't go there anymore. The guy manning the counter had a piss poor attitude (like I was bothering him by asking a few questions about some of their pistols).

I always laugh out loud when someone badmouths something they have in their own display case. Then I walk away.......

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
wow lots of us North Carolinians on this topic.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Boone? That's awesome. The wife and I are headed to boone for a week in Aug. We visit there a few times a year. Great place, spent our honeymoon there.

·
Registered
256 Posts
What I can't figure out is .... if a dealer is going to sell High Points,why trash talk them.
It's personal economics. The owner of the shop picks up HP's so he can cater to all clients and their price range. The sales rep is most likely on commission. I bought my HP .380 from budsgunshop.com for $99 INCLUDING shipping (not including the $25ffl). So before FFL, less say 10% shipping, he might have been able to buy a Big Mac on his commission. Same goes for retail. Maybe the HP owner/dealer carries them JUST for this purpose ~ to have in stock a cheap gun so he can upgrade them. Let's face another fact........... HP's aren't exactly in abundant supply.

WR2

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Boone? That's awesome. The wife and I are headed to boone for a week in Aug. We visit there a few times a year. Great place, spent our honeymoon there.
Cool! I lived here for 40+ years..... Nice in the summer.... Rough in the winter! But hey I like them both. :)

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Cool! I lived here for 40+ years..... Nice in the summer.... Rough in the winter! But hey I like them both. :)
ruff in the winter? how bad could NC possibly be in the winter? ....LOL i grew up in northern IL....i went home for xmas this year and it was -24 and snowing when i got off the plane in chicago, LOL

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.