Pistol grip shield

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by Wystaria, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Hey everyone, I've got a base 995 model which I purchased in 2009/2010. I was reading on Wikipedia that there is a company (didn't specify who), that makes a 'shield' that goes over the pistol grip. Does anyone have any information on who they might be and how much they might cost?
    Thanks in advance.

2. talon

talon the banned wagon

A what? Post a link to what your talking about.

3. slade601

slade601 Member

I've seen those on pics of neutered ars but never on a hi point carbine.

What you're referring to correct? ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1444258054.173654.jpg

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  4. I do believe so. Again I've never seen one before, just looking for a way to bypass the silly ny safe act so i can sell mine in state.

5. talon

talon the banned wagon

Ive never seen one of those on a HP or on the HP web page even.

6. slade601

slade601 Member

On every one I've seen through pics it's usually an ar or ak that have the ability to change out pistol grips meaning these are one piece and attached in the same manner. Something you wouldn't be able to do with the hi point.

7. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

You can't. It can only be sold out of state.

Edit: what do you want for it? I just moved from NY to Colorado. They're legal here.

8. mej24

mej24 Member

Stupid question alert.... What is the purpose of that?

9. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Prevents your thumb from wrapping around the pistol grip in an evil, menacing, assault type way.

10. Its in pretty good shape. Only put 2 boxes of ammo through it but it does have minor rusting. Guy I had planned to sell it to (were it possible) was going to buy it for $200

11. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Pistol Grip Shield?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

12. Those are called a heat shield aren't they?

13. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

No. They're actually bullet shields intended to protect the hand. The guns are from a turn-of-the-century (19th/20th) fad often called "Bloodless Dueling" in which participants "dueled" each other using special protective clothing and firing specialized wax bullets molded from a proprietary (and probably forgotten) recipe of wax and fat.

In some ways it was similar to modern Simunitions, paintball, or Airsoft.

Article from Popular Mechanics, December 1906, Vol. VIII, No. 12.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  14. mej24

mej24 Member

So it basically negates the function of having a pistol grip to start with? That's liberal logic for ya. I've never seen or heard of one.

15. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Yes.

Sort of. It is designed for areas where liberal laws have made certain features "evil" and therefore illegal. In Commiefornia and several other places, a "pistol grip" is an illegal feature. This product allows an owner to remove this evil feature without having to replace the stock or do other (expensive) modifications.

I think it's usually called a "fin" or something.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

16. That's actually really interesting. Tmyk! Haha.