Pistol Instructor

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by lklawson, Feb 28, 2016.

1. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Done with class. Passed. Won't be "official" until paperwork is all submitted and processed and I pay the NRA certification fee. Probably take a week or so.

I'm wiped out tired.

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

2. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Congrats Kirk!! I'd love to know how you find the time for all this!!

Great job though!:splits:

3. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

I have sacrificed my sleep and sanity.

4. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

How can you sacrifice something you never had, ie: sanity.

lklawson likes this.
  5. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Bazinga!

6. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Now when you get your certification can you make a copy and white out and fill in my name so I can start making some money on the side?

*Sharing is caring *

7. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    That's the modern lib-tard way! :rofl:
    <just couldn't resist that one!>

8. SWAGA

No brother, that's the broke way....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
  9. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Well, that'd work except that the NRA keeps really good records. :)

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

10. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Update:
    Took almost a week for the electronic paperwork to be submitted and approved; 5 days in this case. "Passed" the course on the weekend, Sunday, and checked my credentials page once a day following that. On the following Friday, the 4th, the credential was there waiting for me to pay my service fee. I paid it and printed out a copy of my card which I "laminated" with packing tape and stuck in my wallet. No, the NRA won't send me a plastic or even plastic coated cardboard Instructor ID card.

The fee was quite reasonable, honestly. Because I am an NRA member and because this cert was not the first, the fee for it was $10. The first cert fee is $30 and all following are [email protected] I have a Range Safety Officer, Rifle Instructor, and (now) Pistol Instructor. That means $30 + $10 + $10 = $50 total. Good for 2 years before needing to re-up (pay again).

Here's a fun fact: You don't have to be an NRA member to hold NRA certifications. You can TOTALLY be a non-member and be certified in any of their categories requiring cert, from RSO up through Personal Protection Inside the Home. But you pay a tad more. $50 for the first cert and $20 for each additional. Still good for two years.

The reduced fee is considered a "Member Benefit" (which makes perfect sense).

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

11. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

I have scheduled my first Ohio CCW class. Sat., April 9. Limiting to 8 participants.

whee!

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

12. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Prepping for the class seems to be sucking up every spare second of my free time.

Because I can't really use the NRA Basic Pistol anymore (effectively), I'm having to modify, rewrite, and sometimes develop from scratch, the whole class. It's a huge undertaking. On by the other hand, I get to make sure material is in that is not part of the NRA class. I think I'm going to have a hard time stuffing it all into the timeframe. We WILL go a bit long, I think.

13. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Talk faster.

lklawson likes this.
  14. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Like the Micro-Machines Man? :D

15. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

IF, I hadn't already taken the class, I would join you!

16. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

As I think I wrote elsewhere, I believe that I have been lead to do this. But I have no plan for it to be a long term activity of permanent hobby. My intention is to make this service available to friends, family, and "church family" then be done when I've "run through" them.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

17. sarahsmom

sarahsmom Supporting Member

You never know! My CCW instructor is retired leo/military, and only gives the classes now. He loves it! He gets to help arm the public, and further the 2nd amend. cause, and best of all he said was he gets to talk about guns!

18. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

It is possible, I suppose, that there might be enough continuing interest and "rollover" at church to offer the class once or twice a summer after this year. This year, however, I expect to run through about 4 times, at a guesstimate, before I've "run through" all my family, friends, and "church family."

I can totally see doing this one-on-one occasionally as well.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

19. SWAGA

I vote for death by PowerPoint as this is easily edited if you find something doesn't get across.
    Add a picture every slide and no more then 5 lines of text.
    Trust me, I'm a Hachi-dan in PowerPoint.