Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this as a response to the "Manager Shoots Thieves During Robbery" thread.
Figured this might need to be put out there a litle bit more.
http://hipointfirearmsforums.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=7428

In this month's American Rifleman, in the Armed Citizen section, they had an interesting story about a pizza delivery man having to use his sidearm.

Quoted from and credit given to:
The American Rifleman
July 2008 Issue

Pizza Hut deliveryman James Spiers thought he was making a routine delivery, but he was walking into an ambush. As Spiers approached, an armed man sprang at him with a gun,but Spiers, a concealed-carry permit holder, was no easy target. Police say Spiers struggled hard with the assailant until he was able to produce his handgun. "It was a long ordeal...my life was, without a doubt,in dnager." Spiers recalls. Spiers shot the suspect 3 times. The suspect fled and was arrested at the hospital.
Pizza Hut summarily fired Spiers, a 10-year employee, citing a corporate policy forbidding employees from carrying firearms. To voice your displeasure, call Pizza Hut Corporate Offices at 1-800-948-8488 or visit www.pizzahut.com/contactus/ContactUsForm.aspx?l1=2024

(Des Moines Register, Des Moines IA 04/03/2008)
Thayldt21 Wrote:
Also I sent them a Message VIA
www.pizzahut.com/contactus/ContactUsForm.aspx?l1=2024

As posted Patriot2980

·
1,792 Posts
Thats right. We have to make a stand and let our voices be heard.

We need to stop reading this crap and complaining. 30 seconds to load the page while you look at something else. Less then a minute to hammer out you opinion and let them know they lost a customer and you are informing every one you know.

It is worth it..................................

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats right. We have to make a stand and let our voices be heard.

We need to stop reading this crap and complaining. 30 seconds to load the page while you look at something else. Less then a minute to hammer out you opinion and let them know they lost a customer and you are informing every one you know.

It is worth it..................................
Absolutely right.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Like all of you have said this is bull crap. In a job like this there is a pretty good chance of needing your ccw firearm and an employer should in no way disipline the guy for "violating the job application" by carrying. Esspecialy if he used it do defend his life. My fiancee worked at a gas station and wasnt allowed to tote a POCKET KNIFE!! The manager issued a box cutter for when she needed to open boxes and they were counted after every shift change! On overnighters when she was alone she stayed on the phone with me till 6AM because she was scared of being alone and unarmed. how is it possible to work in that condition??

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
I just sent Pizza Hut some feedback on this.

I was a Pizza Delivery Driver for 2 years & it was no fun driving around with cash on you & everybody knows you have cash.
At least I didn't have one of those stupid signs on top of my car that says "Free Pizza & Cash for the Taking!"

I didn't have a handgun then, all I had was a BB gun. At least it was pretty wicked looking even if it couldn't hurt you much.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Pizza Hut has my feedback and I also have it in my signature at all the forums I visit. I've been asked several times what it means and I gladly explain. PH will never see my money again until their policies adjust!

·
Registered
922 Posts
one of my friends worked for papa johns he was fired for not allowing some guy to rob him at knife point.
Whats this world coming to?

·
Registered
831 Posts
one of my friends worked for papa johns he was fired for not allowing some guy to rob him at knife point.
I'm pretty sure that wasn't the specific reason he was fired. Was he fired for defending himself with a firearm or knife?

·
Registered
557 Posts
I talked with my neighbor across the street that also is a PH delivery guy-- he carries contrary to PH policy. When I asked him about the non carry edict, he said "F that.."-- He said that his cruddy job wasn't worth his life. He actually is more worried about getting robbed by the people he delivers pizza to than while on the road or out on the town--

I did tell him that I will not spend anymore money at PH until they change their ways--the fact is that PH pizza is crappy, and I didn't spend money there to begin with.. :p

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
I'll never eat PH pizza again anyway, besides the fact that the food sucks.

G

·
My friend pulled a tire iron on him. They said he should of just let him have the money. Okay with that I agree but what would of happend if he had tried to kill him after?

·
Registered
412 Posts
My friend pulled a tire iron on him. They said he should of just let him have the money. Okay with that I agree but what would of happend if he had tried to kill him after?
that is true giving up the money doesn't mean he still wouldn't have tried to kill him thats I feel my life is worth more than some arseholes refrigerator or other appliance. It sucks delevering anything to peoples houses

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.