Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a fun idea on a custom camo pattern for my Hi-Point. I won't go into detail about it but it's a simple pattern with sharp, square edges and highly contrasting colors. It's going to look really weird, but that's kind of the point.

Do you know of any companies that Hydro-Dip parts for Hi-Points so that I could get this custom pattern put on my slides/grips?

Are there any reference materials that I need to prepare in advance to get this done?

·
Administrator
24,589 Posts
Look up local to you companies that do hydro-dipping.

Hi Point uses their own private hydro dipping company that they own. Mid-Ohio Hydrographics.

·
Registered
Anything but GLOCKS
78 Posts
If it's a really simple pattern with square edges, masking tape and spray paint might do.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it's a really simple pattern with square edges, masking tape and spray paint might do.
This is the pattern I plan on getting. Yes, it's hideous, but that's the point. I'm looking for the checkerboard pattern to be as crisp and garish as possible in 1/2-3/4 inch checkerboards.

I have found a relatively local hydro-dipping shop, and I hope that they can give me an estimate shortly after I've contacted them.

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Going for the colorful taxi cab look. Delivering swift rides to the hospital at 950 FPS.

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
This is the pattern I plan on getting. Yes, it's hideous, but that's the point. I'm looking for the checkerboard pattern to be as crisp and garish as possible in 1/2-3/4 inch checkerboards.
View attachment 73364

I have found a relatively local hydro-dipping shop, and I hope that they can give me an estimate shortly after I've contacted them.

That should be quite easy to do since the gun's slide is already black, all they need to do is add whatever colored square you want.

Like was mentioned in a previous post, you need to go for smaller sized squares for best effect. Diamond design would also be a good effect.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Going for the colorful taxi cab look. Delivering swift rides to the hospital at 950 FPS.
It's actually in reference to a missing texture, like there's something wrong with it, but it still functions just fine.
Not to mention it will give a giggle to whoever gets the reference of which series the missing texture is from.

·
Registered
Anything but GLOCKS
78 Posts
The first thing that popped to mind was Borderlands, but their gaudy colors are on purpose.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts