Plastic ammo boxes at RKguns $2.99

Discussion in 'Non Hi-Point Classifieds' started by Dane, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    Today's email shows on sale. Get them before all sold out!!

50 cal metal boxes are only $12.99

RKguns LINK

[​IMG]

2. Hell, for $2.99....

3. what? are they $3 or $13?

4. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    METAL 50 Cal: $13
    Small PLASTIC: $3

Great Deal BOTH WAYS!
    Mole is headed to RK Tomorrow! :D

5. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    Plastic ones are sale priced $2.99 and the 50 cal metal regular priced at $12.99

6. Okay, I got you.

The title, then the message had me thinking, Are talking Plastic or metal? and 3 or 13?

Id buy a few of the plastic, they are nice for that price.

7. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Looked good. Selected an item count of 2. Went on to "Checkout." 2 items, $5.98. OK. Click in "Shipping" info. Shipping charge: $9.45 UPS Ground. Apparently, that's the cheapest.

$10 to ship 2 plastic boxes that are $4 @ even when not on sale?

No thanks. :p

I'll keep using the cookie tins that I get for free. $3 invested in paint and primer made one Olive Drab and the other Desert Tan.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  8. No rural kings around you?

What about Menards? I have never been to one, but looks i may be making a trip to ohio in a couple months to buy a furnace from them. I hear good things. Don't know if they sell guns or not?

9. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

There's one about 4 blocks away from my home.

I don't go in very often and I've not seen these ammo-cans when I have. I did pick up some .22LR there a month or two back.

My experience is that the gun-counter guys are opinionated idiots who only know about half of what they think they do. For entertainment, I could probably just stand around and listen to the advice they give wide eyed newbs. Last Friday night I popped in to grab some of the Spicy Ginger Ale which only they carry and to check on their stock of .22WMR (they had none). While waiting my turn at the counter, I patiently listened to one of the counter-dudes telling a woman about how the Ruger LCP was comfortable and easy to shoot because it's a .380ACP. :rolleyes:

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

10. I don't even bother with gun counter guys anymore. The big box store ones are complete idiots who know nothing. And the LGS guys are always motivated to sell me the most expensive stuff.
    Thank God for the internet, it has its useful purposes, saved me more money than i could count.

11. Earnshaw

Earnshaw Member

Good little plastic boxes for the money and the metal 50cals are often on sale for $9.99 so folks interested in them might wish to watch and wait a bit. Both are stacked in pallet size displays at every RK in my area.
    I guess we are more fortunate than most, around here the RK gun counter minions are at least as knowledgeable as the typical internet keyboard commando and usually more so. That's not typical of all mass retailers tho'.

12. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    There was some 22 WMR at a local Wal-Mart recently. A manager bought three for around $20 when I was there. I didn't know it was cheaper than regular 22???

13. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

My local Wal-Mart had about 8 boxes of .22WMR sitting on the shelf for around 3 months. Every time I'd stop in (once a week at least), I'd check for .22LR and see the .22WMR sitting there. I knew I'd want to buy some "eventually" because I'd shot up a few boxes of my dad's in his PMR30 so I needed to replace it. I was taking him to the range on Saturday (along with mom and She Who Must Be Obeyed) so I figured now was the time to replace it. I popped in to Wal-Mart only to find that it had sold out. After 3 months of sitting, it sells out. The counter-dude told me he bought 2 boxes of it himself and just stuck it into his storage which his wife harasses him about never shooting. :mad:

Oh well, snooze-n-loose I guess. I ended up finding some at a LGS so I was happier to buy from them anyway.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

14. GLUGLUG

GLUGLUG Supporting Member

NC
    I found a large metal "tool box" at a yard sale for $.50, would probably hold 40 AR mags. Do I hear $13?
    Seriously, anything for "guns" or "ammo" these days is so overpriced for what it is. You could probably buy a generic case of any sort and save big $.

15. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
  16. HP/C9/45ACP

HP/C9/45ACP Member

17. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    It's only $12.27 to ship 10 of them.;)

Still not wonderful.:(