Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had some of the white nylon/plastic in the back of the receiver come apart today at the range. IT seems to work fine(now that i got all the pieces out) with out it. When you take the receiver off the stock, and flip it over, there is a piece of white plastic in the rear. The bottom is fine, but most of the top of it broke off. I think the bolt might have impacted it.
Any harm without it? ANyone have a similar experience?

After some research, i found it is the bolt buffer. Will i have problems with this part broken? It fires ok without it.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Definitely get a new one before you shoot it again to keep metal from hammering on metal. Shooting HV rounds will make the buffers wear out faster which, btw, usually don't need replacing with standard ammo. Marlin doesn't suggest using the hi velocity stuff for that reason. X

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
http://www.e-gunparts.com/DisplayAd.asp?chrProductSKU=982880B&chrSuperSKU=982880&MC=

there's the replacements for it (yours is the second one down) . i think it's mostly nylon but i dunno for sure , it's not a big deal tho , people bust buffers all the time , if you want buy 2 so if it happens again you're good to go . for years i cleaned my old 22 with gasoline so i'm sure you're safe with any actual gun chemicals . oh , and before you order , call numrich and listen to their recording , they give you a number you put in online for free shipping .

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyone give me info on whether i need to use a punch or drift to remove the pin that holds the buffer? Or do i have to completely disassemble the action to get to it?

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
they have diagrams on that site that has your part . i'm not sure how it works on a marlin 60 , i have it's older brother , a 1959 marlin 99 they're almost the same , but my lower is different and i don't have a last shot hold open . on mine it's held in by a pin with a c-clip on each end .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.