Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

has any one used the the plated rounds from aim projectiles?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just was looking at the aimprojectiles.com web site, they look like a great plated round, and in there site was an article about the 9mm being pushed at 1,400 fps, and it did not shed its coating, I'm just curious if any one has used these, as I am thinking about trying some of them.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
I've never reloaded with plated boolits, always used my own home cast boolits.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've not tried that brand but their prices look to be about the same or a bit less than Rainier and Berry's depending on the caliber. If you give them a whirl let us know how they work out.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
I used Barry plated bullets. cheaper then copper jackets onther then that did not noticed nothing special . . I started casting my own using wheel weights and lubing them same thing , in 45acp leading is not a problem.Might be better in faster rounds like 44 mag but in a auto rounds use cast bullets

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
I have used a couple k of ranier plated bullets in .40 and .45. They work great. While they are plated, and cheaper than fmj, they are a VERY thick copper coat. I can't imagine it being much thinner than jacketed bullets. Its just a different application method.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts