Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Gainesville, Fl. Searched the town and gun shows around Central Fl for a 9mm carbine. Found only 1 in a pawn shop. They guy is holding it for me until Tuesday so I need to decide by then. It's a 9mm carbine 995C. The one with the chrome. He wants 289. Considering the guns worth AND the current situation with guns being so hard to find is this a fair price? All opinions are MUCH appreciated. If you know of any for sale please let me know.

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
For $289 you should have bought it already.
No longer made and one of the more wanted(= valuable) models.
Go get it !

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really? I would have thought the complete opposite by the looks of it. I haven't seen any other chromes on this gun auction sites tho. All these old threads online about buying them used for 120-160 has me doing alot of wishing I would have got one a couple years back

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is this model. Used, notice rails come with this model and the stock isn't as nice as the new ones. Still think I should jump on it?

Attachments

·
833 Posts
Well you have two threads going. Ok.

You can buy the newer stock for 40 if you want it. That's what I did but honestly prefer the old style monkey stock.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I don't need it to be all tactical-ed out. That's not a priority quite yet. I just don't want to spend an extra Benjamin if not
Necessary. I keep seeing posts here and there about people only paying under 200. Do you or anyone know how often those deals come along these days?

·
833 Posts
I would say rarely honestly, plus it's the chrome model so you won't have a problem getting that much out of it later on.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I would grab it if I were you, but if you don't get it PM me the name of the pawn shop and I'll run down Monday after work, I'm 35 miles north of you in Lake City. The only places in the area I've seen a new 995TS on the shelf lately was Green Acres over in Jacksonville and they were real high. If you really want a brand new one google sun state guns they are located in Ft White and talk with them. Right now they don't show any in stock but they are always getting them in. It's a little mom and pop outfit run by appointment only, real good people to deal with.
If you want to take a short drive there is a gun show in MacClenny today, the last one there was really pretty good.

·
Resident PITA
15,961 Posts
Buy it then PM me. I'll give you $50 over what you paid to ship it to my FFL.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I live in Gainesville, Fl. Searched the town and gun shows around Central Fl for a 9mm carbine. Found only 1 in a pawn shop. They guy is holding it for me until Tuesday so I need to decide by then. It's a 9mm carbine 995C. The one with the chrome. He wants 289. Considering the guns worth AND the current situation with guns being so hard to find is this a fair price? All opinions are MUCH appreciated. If you know of any for sale please let me know.
I live down the road fron Gville, in Keystone Heights. I bought the same model from a pawn shop in middleburg with a sticker of $289.00 plus the call. It was shot hard and put up dirty most of its life. For $40.00 i put thr TS stock, replaced the firing pun and spring, and sear pin with spring. It is just like new now. You won't regret the purchase.

·
Premium Member
35,768 Posts
It is this model. Used, notice rails come with this model and the stock isn't as nice as the new ones. Still think I should jump on it?
There are no rails in that picture, so unless they are simply not pictured...:confused: On the classic, you must take the irons off to install the rail. Mom will send you any parts that may be missing, like the rail, sling swivels, sling, etc.

Buy it already.;)

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
I haven't seen one under $200 in the last year or so. And the that one was a little beat up, but I'm it was useable. Sometimes one has to just ask decide: Do I want the gun or do I want a bargain? As you've said, you've looked around and with the price of gas it doesn't take long to spend $50 looking around for a bargain that you may never find.

IMO, if you have your bills paid and $ for food, just buy it.

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts
Really? I would have thought the complete opposite by the looks of it. I haven't seen any other chromes on this gun auction sites tho. All these old threads online about buying them used for 120-160 has me doing alot of wishing I would have got one a couple years back
Yeah.. A few years back you could find them used for that price... I do not think a Chromie was ever that low... I believe Hi Point stopped making the chrome version after Columbine... Not sure about that... $289 is a good price now... go buy it Monday

1 - 13 of 13 Posts