Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

Do you think that comment was uncalled for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

· Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
im not going to say im sorry to him he should have watched what he was saying before he made a post im very careful not to say anything that could offend someone as I made quite a few enemys on the old forum and was trying not to make any on this one but so much for that attempt. If they want to boot me great if not then great but I know that im right about how he should watch what he says not to offend anyone.

· Registered
732 Posts
RockCrawler, If you read through that Picture thread, just about everyone that post a picture gets ribbed on. Simple solution, If you dont want people to comment about your wife, dont post pictures of her, esp in a thread like that.

As far as the "when i get booted" stuff, you need to cool your jets some. Thats called a self fulfilling prophesy, the more you say it and the more you act out the more likely it is to happen. I suggest you edit your attack on ShooterZ in his prayers thread because even if he is attacking you, you dont need to stoop to his level.

dont apologize if you feel justified, just please handle this w/ a mod or admin later.

I want to commend all the members who are trying to help the situation. excellent job everyone! looks like the forum can handle itself pretty well.

I will say its interesting watching this little soap opera unfold while at work :wink: No disrespect to the seriousness of your quarrel Rockcrawler.

· Premium Member
5,172 Posts
Rockcrawler, I have a question. If you went back and reread the posts where you think you wife was insulted, and found that you misread what was posted, would you back down and let things go, are are you to the point where no matter what is said, you are insulted and on the offensive?

If shooterz made an off the wall comment about your wife, I would hope he would be a man and apoligize, but if he did not I would not expect him to apoligize and I would hope that you would let things drop.

Please go back to the pic thread and read it carefully and see if you have a legitimate issue with him or if maybe you took things out of context.

I do not know either of you that well, but sure hate to see the anger going on in the forum. That is not what we are about here.

· Registered
1,151 Posts
Rockcrawler, just step back and take it easy.

It was a comment made in jest about GM, poking fun at him. Nothing bad at all was intended or inferred.

You might be being over sensitive about the issue but dont' worry about that, I'm sensitive about things too but sometimes you just gotta realize that you are reading something that just isn't there.

You posted picture of your pretty wife. She happens to be wearing GM's avatar on said shirt. Poster saw that and found it funny (since it is IS an odd coincidence). He then makes a offhanded joke saying that "poor girl" is delusional since she is wearing GM's avatar.

All a joke, nothing more.

Take a breather, Rockcrawler and just relax. I dont' think anyone is really mad or ticked off other than you at this point and if you just take it easy for a bit, you can realize that you just jumped to a conclusion without really thinking about it. I understand you felt that he was insulting your wife but that was never the intention.

I read the post and was totally taken aback by your strong reaction. I'm sure he meant nothing by it.

· Registered
252 Posts
Guys this is silly high school drama.
"how it is perceived" is relative to the huge disparity the internet has with posted comments. emoticons help, but a 'wink wink' isn't always recognized.

Rockcrawler, i believe you have overeacted a bit. But dont attempt to knock my teeth out b/c i disagree. :lol: see? that was a good-hearted jab.

· Registered
806 Posts
Edit by PrimalSeal Times 2..

· Registered
4,294 Posts
Ok, from my angle (which is entirely my own and NOT usually the popular opinion)...

I think a "cool off" is REALLY in order. I personally thought the comment was to the icon on the shirt, not to the person in the picture. RARELY if EVER is there any form of personal attacks on this board. Heck, those from the old board can remember the rousing "discussions" me and Geon (although I think I forgot how to spell that...sorry bro!) used to get into, but we all made sure to define that it was about the SUBJECT and not the person.

A step back is SURE in order.

Opinion posted. Back to things that go boom.

· U.S.S.
2,096 Posts
Wow! Talk about sensitive. Shooter basically says "If she is a fan of Glockman, she must be delusional." That is clearly a jab at GM and not your wife. Also, I disagree about your attitude. It is not how it is perceived, but the way it was intended that matters. If I say something I mean as a compliment and you take it as a insult, then that is on you, not me. Remember the old adage, "It's the thought that counts."

· Registered
798 Posts
I read the posts in question and here is my take on it.

WHY IN THE WORLD DOES THIS THREAD EXIST?????

Seriously, SHOOTER apologized as soon as it was mentioned that he may have made a derogatory remark, end of subject. Anything further should have been said through PM's and not here.

To no one specific I say grow up and act like adults. This thread is a waste of space and time and as such should be eliminated. Either agree to disagree or settle things via PM's. Don't like my forwardness? Then don't ask my opinion! FWIW I also did not vote. Let's get back to solving the world issues and not creating meaningless ones of our own.

· Registered
16,839 Posts
Rock, first and foremost, chill. I have seen the threads and I honestly believe that you are over reacting. I am not saying that this isn't a legitmate gripe, it just does NOT belong in open forum. Had you PM'd me earlier, I would have edited the original post and sent a PM to the offending party and asked for an explination. Once recieved, I would have updated you as to what I had found out. As it stands, you have flamed the entire forum and shown publicly that you have a short fuse. Take a few deep breaths and calm down, this will work itself out.

Now, this is not to say that Shooter Z and I won't be having a discussion. That is already in the works and will be handled with all due expedience on my part. I will update you when I am satisfied that I have all the answers. This is the proper way to handle a dispute between members. One of the reasons the HPFF is the best forum on the internet is because the Moderators and Admins expect each and every member to act like repsonsible adults. When you start treating grown men like children, you start to have problems. This situation has been handled in the entirely wrong way from the word go. I will tell you now that I expect better of you from now on. Don't let this happen again.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.