Plinkster 15-22 Mags?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by TNTRAILERTRASH, Feb 24, 2016.

1. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

2. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    LGS #2 has those, I can see what he thinks...
    He usually quits carrying something if it's not good.
    They got those a while back and still had them, in
    the last 2-3 months when I was in there, iirc.

They have 25, 30, and 35 round versions! Go BIG, or STAY HOME! :D

3. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I couldn't see the link as it was filtered at work, and was going crazy trying to figure out how PLINKSTER mags from Mossberg would fit a S&W rifle...:p

But I'm reading good things about the PLINKER mags.;)

4. sarahsmom

sarahsmom Supporting Member

I thought he was talking about the mossberg plinkster, also. It's on my short list, the one with the 25 round mags!

5. TNTRAILERTRASH

Misnamed the mags! I know the Plinkster was on sale at the local Walmart a couple of weeks ago. $99.

I went for the $374 shipped http://grabagun.com/smith-and-wesson-and-wesson-23.html

6. lsi1

lsi1 Member

if you look around you can find the regular mags for about $18.
    They work and are easy to load and use.

7. mn_doggie

mn_doggie Member

MN
    You can check out how well they work over on the S&W forum in the 15-22 section.

I have only used the factory mags. Have 8 of them and never have an issue when I load them correctly.

Here is a link from where a company is selling the S&W factory mags for 11.99.

http://smith-wessonforum.com/smith-...g-sale-11-99-get-them-before-theyre-gone.html

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  8. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Plinkster is a family of guns for Mossberg.;)

The Mossberg "tactical" .22 is the 715 Plinkster in the clamshell pseudo-AR stock, the 702 Plinkster is the $100 black stock, and the 802 is the bolt action Plinkster.

The 715 is the one to compare to the S&W, it's kind of the same...at least, if you think Rosie O'Donnel is kinda the same as Racquel Welch.:eek:

You did good, TNT. The Mossberg is cheaper, like half as much, but it's JUST a 702 in an AR looking plastic shell. It's accurate and works well enough with the right ammo. If you just want a cheap gun that LOOKS like an AR, it OK.

The S&W is a better gun in most ways, far more "AR" like; like it has a charging handle, an upper and lower, etc; and is worth the extra money over the Mossberg.:)

9. lsi1

lsi1 Member

and the 15/22 breaks down and cleans up like an ar 15.

get yourself one of those slidefire stocks and enjoy.

10. sarahsmom

sarahsmom Supporting Member

Some of us have to stay in 702 - 715 price range.

11. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    And some of us don't.;)

Don't worry...I have two of the 702's, they are good solid inexpensive guns.;)

But the Smith is better, in lots of ways.

I also have two CZ's...they are excellent, but more expensive, guns. The key is...you can't do any better without spending a LOT more money.:p

12. TNTRAILERTRASH

I searched for info on the S&W site as I am a member there for a couple of years. No responses on my reply to an existing thread in the 15-22 section. I ordered the Plinkers from CDNN at $7.99 each except for 2 of them that I ordered with the loading strip looking doodad. Hopefully they work.

One former member on the Glock site uses the 15-22 for whacking coyotes. It is quiet in his edge of town situation in Oklahoma.

It will eventually get a light, laser, and some type of optics. Just another reason for the M&P.

Come to think of it........I have a PTS MagPul AFG waiting for it.

13. TNTRAILERTRASH

I actually bought 9 mags total from CDNN Sports. I am on the email list for GMwarehouse. Just got a good deal on the Plinkers. I did comparison shop at GMW. I may get some S&W's in the future.

Never knew about the forum you linked this is where I went http://www.smithandwessonforums.com/forum/m-p-15-22-lr/

14. TNTRAILERTRASH

You got a fountain that flows cheap .22's? :confused: where you get those?

I grabbed 2 300rd boxes of CCI AR Tacticals, and a 300rd box of 36gr Minimags with one of the Swamp People on the lid. On my way to work I'll see if anything is left and buy my 3 box limit again.

15. lsi1

lsi1 Member

nope no fountain running a bit low myself gonna have to go searching again now.

16. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    With a slidefire you would want to use a drum with it! :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. TNTRAILERTRASH

It has been way over a year since I held one of these 15-22's. Now I am wondering if I can fit a single point sling adapter on the buffer tube, and put on a MagPul B.A.D. lever? Then if it is an AR lower? Get rich and add that high dollar pull and release trigger mechanism? :p

I went to the local SG store and they had 2 300rd Swamp People HP's left. They would only sell me one. :( All they have left is 2500rds of 17HMR, and 3500 .22 shorts. Sounds like the shorts are popping up all over the country.

18. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    It takes a standard trigger group. Just the retaining pins are longer. They can be purchased from slidefire. I picked up a slidefire 15-22 kit when they were clearanced for $150. Came with 2.5 lb trigger, longer pins, stock and different flash suppressor. Trigger group alone was worth more than the kit.

19. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Shorts aren't much fun in a semi auto that isn't designed for them.:(

Shorts are GREAT for targets in a bolt gun; if they are cheap, of decent quality, I'd buy a ton of them.:)

They are great for targets because they are subsonic, so there's no issues with the trans-sonic buffeting that faster bullets go through at longer ranges as they lose speed.

And because they have less powder, they are often more consistent at shorter ranges. Even though .1 grain difference is a greater percent of variation in the load weight vs a hotter LR, the velocity percentage variation is often less than in the hotter rounds, meaning more consistency on target.

20. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    I have a virtual metric poop-ton of 22s, for those reasons ;)
    Also great in my Henry 20" octagonal barrel lever gun :D
    It holds like 2 dozen of the little suckers!